New
Find
Notify
Tools

Abscence (Cameroon and Reno)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm leaving Cody on 1 January for Cameroon and won't be checking my e-mail until after the SCI convention in Reno. If you have anything you want to discuss with me please contact me before I leave. If something comes up while I'm gone Adam should be able to handle it. 210-698-0077 or adam@safaritrackers.com

I hope to see a lot of you in Reno.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will you be hunting forest or savanna? Please post a full account of your hunt when you get back. I will be hunting in Cameroon in March, It will be nice to see how your hunt goes.

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip Mark, one of the "dream hunts" for sure. We'll all be looking fwd to the report and pictures. Ditto for your hunt Robert. It will be nice for us to "see" some different county. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Robert,

I'll be up in the Savannah chasing eland etc. with Faro West.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Mark, shoot straight.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a dream safari.

Best of luck.

Kyler

Posts: 2509 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Have a great trip and take a lot of pics for those of us how will hunting vicariously through you..

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Keep your powder dry...just enjoy yourself and make the shot...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Have a super trip and a safe trip. Cameroon seems about as far into the Dark Continent as you might want to get these days. Sadie going with you?
Have you noticed that all these hunts to Africa are "trips of a lifetime"? Wow! Life is good.
Very Best Regards
Mike

Posts: 442 | Location: Montana territory | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Mark

Faro West is most notorious, Pierre Guerini catters mostly (or only?) for Americans

Have You ever considered hunting with Doud safari or Guy Betaille? Guy Betaille in Cameroon and Alain Lefol in the CAR cropped the 2 best elands this year.
Good luck
jb

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Thanks for the well wishes.

Jean,

The things you mentioned from our perspective are not bad things. Most of our client base is American, Pierre takes care of our people and produces excellent results. This is what we look for.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Pierre is a very scrupulous and demanding guy. He leaves nothing at chance, every minute detail is taken in account.
His toast was not buttered on each side when he began thus his undisputed success. In my opinion, along with Pasanisi in Tanzania, they are the most talented and successful french outfitters.
The American customers are the more demanding and Pierre is the right guy.
I am pleased You succeeded in making hunting bongos. This year I failed in the CAR for I got a virus but my cousin hunting with me shot a fine bongo. In my opinion and limited experience, the best hunt is the bongo hunt.
good luck,
jb

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jean,

Actually it was Adam that did the bongo hunt this year. The eland will be my first safari into Cameroon. Adam will also hunt the eland in March and perhaps I will come back for the bongo later.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com