THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: A Couple Of Buffalo Hunting Video Clips

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: A Couple Of Buffalo Hunting Video Clips
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
No Ann they are not.

I am doing those right now. Or at least I am trying to, as I have a little monster here who keeps stamping on the keyboard!

Now I know why girls are such a menace, they are born that way

She just woke up from her afternoon nap, and I asked her if she wanted to go to her play room or go down to the shooting room.

She just ran off to the shooting room door, stood there and was asking DOWN? DOWN?

Posts: 67423 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great shooting by you and your cameraman! Did the first buff expire on the spot? Looked like it should have...

But, the Ray/Walter fiasco...hope the cowboy was more successful on the second try! After all, the crocs get hungry too...

Posts: 180 | Location: Mt. Vernon,Ohio, USA | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Quote:

She just woke up from her afternoon nap, and I asked her if she wanted to go to her play room or go down to the shooting room.

She just ran off to the shooting room door, stood there and was asking DOWN? DOWN?

That is so cool, I sure hope she gets to shoot everything and anything you've got there. You might keep thinking Olympic medals for the future. The ladies get to shoot too!

Posts: 19235 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Thank You, Saeed! I enjoyed them very much.

Were any of these buffalo the same ones Ray was stalking?

Posts: 19235 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Excellent. We will look forward to more.

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
RHS,

No sir it did not. It was hit in the face, the bullet angling backwards and breaking the spine.

I shot twice more to kill it quickly.

The cameraman was Alan Vincent, my friend Roy's son. He is a PH himself, so he does a great job of filming in the field.

Posts: 67423 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SAEED!

WOW! I am leaving on the 20th for my hunt and these video clips are really pumping me up!!!!!

Thanks for posting them!

Posts: 190 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed!

Nothing like taking a break every five minutes and look at one of the downloaded clips! Though I really shouldn't torture myself like that...before you know it I've taken the mortgage money and put a down payment on a trip...

My wife and I played about a dozen of the T-Rex clips last night and we were besides our chairs with laughter. Who is the one that always laughs the loudest, with looong hauls in the background? Is that you or Walter? ;-)

How's that T-REx rifle holding up with all the falls on that concrete floor??

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our floor is covered by a carpet. Still, The front site had to be repaired several times, and the stock cracked at the pistol grip.

All these have been fixed, ready for the next victim

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

As requested, I am putting a few of our hunting video clips on our server for your enjoyment.

I will start here with two buffalo hunts, and Ray trying his best to rope Walter and throw him to the crocs. Unfortunately, he did not succeed!

Buffalo 1

Buffalo 2

Ray roping Walter

Walter shooting an impala

Wildebeast

Hippo

Crocodile

Waterbuck

The first of the two buffalo we shot just before Ray got to them

The second buffalo of the two we shot before Ray and Richard got to them

Buffalo 5

Buffalo 6

A Bench rest match to beat all bench rest matches!

Walter shooting one of his relatives

Nelson shooting an impala

I hope you enjoy them.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

With all the bunny huggers I meet regularly here when they come to my house, I have become immune to their comments.

In fact, I enjoy telling them some of the basic things of life. That sending thier wives to the supermarket to get meat is actually worse.

Imagine, the poor cow was bred on a farm, with about 10,000 others, force fed steroids to make it put on weight quicker, and just at the prime of its life, they line them up behind each other, and whack them in the head with a steel bolt.

The best part, most of them says "I don't want to hear this!"

They are happy to let others do the dirty work, and they pretend to forget it.

Compare these to the wild buffalo we shoot in Africa.

My little daughter is already getting hooked on shooting. She is going to be 2 next week, and I loaded a few 222 cases with just primers, so she can hear them go bang.

She sits on my lap and pulls the trigger each time I load her a primed case. As soon as I eject the empty, she says MORE?

Walter is worried she will start beating him at shooting. And by the looks of things after his last hunt in Africa, she should not have any problem doing that

The bench rest shooters in Africa always did well with their first shot. After that it started to get worse.

I think two missed the target completely, including the Masai who cut himself on the scope. He was Ray's tracker. The first shot cut his face, so on all the following shots he had his head about a foot back from the scope

The little guy who was standing on the tool box won the shoot. I think his score was 25 or 27, including one in the 10 ring. He was one of our trackers. The second one tracker we had was the tall Masai wearing red.

He is about 7 foot tall, and was putting the shooting sticks so high for me all I could shoot was the moon!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, Thank you for sharing these wonderful clips with us . A lot of my friends have seen these as well, everyone loves them. Great shooting!

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote