THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Interesting gun/outdoor stores in Park City, UT?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting gun/outdoor stores in Park City, UT?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'll be in Park City for a few days from the 17th...any stores of interest from a shooting/hunting perspective...or purely a ski/resort town?

Thanks

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Very nice Cabelas store in Lehi, Utah which is just down the canyon from Park City. There are also several Sportman's Warehouses in the Salt Lake City and Provo area which would not be more than an hour from Park City. I would go see both if I were you.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Heritage Arms in Salt Lake City. Aleko always seems to have some interesting items for sale.

www.heritagearms.net

Mike

Posts: 21374 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know any stores but a somewhat funny story if you care to hear. My dad and his buddy were hunting mule deer around Park City back in the mid 70s before the ski crowd started going there (Art Blanch? was the guide--he play football for Army in the '40s I think). They went into a local bar and a couple cowboys were sitting at the bar, one with his dog laying at his feet. My dad's buddy has always had hunting dogs/kennels and not recognizing the type asked the guy what breed of dog it was. The guy replied, "It's a Chinese Ball Biting dog, so get away from me before I sic him on you."

Posts: 105 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
+1 on Sportsmans Warehouse and you might also go see the Barnes bullet factory. I got the tour one time and was pretty impressed with their operation.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Definately go by Heritage Arms and introduce yourself as an AR member to Aleko.

Address 7045 South State
Midvale UT suburb of Salt Lake City.

I have been here visiting with him and 500 grains the last couple of days.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all...

I will definitely have a day to goof off and would like to go into SLC, so may just stop by at Heritage..it looks great!

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
If you have the time go to Ogden to the Browning Museum. Absolutely worth the trip just to see the miniture collection much less all the tool room and prototypes they. Last time I was there the guide /curator was an ex Browning supervisor and we talked for quite a while.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
I second Zimbabwe - Use Enough Gun and I went there in 2001 and it was incredible.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At the Museum in Ogdon they also have a good train section and a collection of antique cars.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kayaker, When in Salt Lake stop in Gallensons outdoor store. You won"t find a lot of dangerous game stuff but it's a good gun store with knowledgeable staff. As long as you're there try Siegfrieds german restaurant for lunch (schweinhaxe or pork knuckle etc.) and Market street grille for dinner(seafood and steaks). All these places are right around the center of town. Enjoy your trip.

Posts: 413 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote