THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Decision time on which Taxidermist..... Opinion...Please!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decision time on which Taxidermist..... Opinion...Please!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have it down to The Artistry of Wildlife, and Animal Artistry for my full-mounted Leopard.

I want it to be PERFECT. I understand that the owner of The Atristry of Wildlife once worked for Animal Artistry. AA has the full page ad's in the SCI magazines, and is approx $1,000 more that The Artistry of Wildlife

Both of their work looks awesome.....did any of you use one of these two, and do you have any comments or suggestions??
Thanks

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I have never used either, but from following their advertisements, they are both outstanding on cats.

It seems the Anitmal Artistry might be the most creative if your looking for a mount other than the norm, but it they are not, save $1,000 and go with Artistry of Wildlife.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
UEG: Show him that lion of yours! Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Wolfgar,

Maker sure you tell him you want it to be museum quality and lifelike...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My lion was done in Africa by Life Form Taxidermy. They do a great job on cats as well, and will do my leopard.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wolfgar,

Animal Artistry mounted my husband's leopard and lion,crocodile, buffalo and the usual plainsgame. We could not be happier with their work and prompt completion of the mounts.

At this year's S.C.I. convention, my husband's leopard and my pedestal mounted zebra were displayed at their booth.

On the Sunday following the show we went to the Animal Artistry studio for their open house. The
different displays of the animals was amazing.

If you would like some photos of their work from the studio, please send me a PM and I will e-mail them to you.

Best of luck in whomever you choose.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470FAN
posted Hide Post
I have used Animal Artistry for all my African animals. Soon they will have my buffalo and duyker.

Posts: 155 | Location: Susanville, CA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I were gonna get any kind of cat mounted, I would go to this guy.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.p...ForumID5&archive=yes

Posts: 141 | Location: Upstate, New York | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote