New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local SCI Banquets/Auctions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have any of y'all had your local chapter, if so how were auctions/prices!

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My local chapter's, Greater Atlanta, banquet is not until Feb. 21st. Should be interesting to see what sells and at what prices.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We had our Las Vegas Desert Chapter banquet the Saturday before the SCI Convention. We are a very big and active chapter. Suffice it to say, about 1/3 to close to 1/2 of the auctioned hunts did not even sell, due to the fact that the minimum asking price (for the outfit donating the hunt to break even) were not met and were pulled from the auction. It was rather embarrassing to say the least. First time that I had ever seen that happen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UEG, I was wondering if that might be the case for some of these events. I hope that does not turn out to be the case at our auction.

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Culpepper:
My local chapter's, Greater Atlanta, banquet is not until Feb. 21st. Should be interesting to see what sells and at what prices.

Same as me. My prediction is that the south GA quail hunt and the Canadian-100% guaranteed-choose your trophy buck prior to arriving-whitetail hunt will bring top dollar. The rest will bring pennies on the dollar or will not go off as usual.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Lehigh Valley SCI our fundraiser runs for 2 days Friday and Saturday... March 20 & 21

http://www.lvsci.org/BANQUETREGISTRATION.html

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
SCI Detroit Banquet weekend is coming up Feb 6th & 7th. We just had a BOD meeting this evening. Ticket sales are indeed down (about 20%) from this time last year. Auction list was indeed thinner but has picked up in the past few days. It's obvious that we will be down this year compared to anything in the past ten years. There seems to be some things generating interest; good African hunts and local 'stay-cation' items.

This is a link to items on live auction last week. We've picked up some decent African offerings that include trophy fees on several critters.

Any A-R Members that want to join me for lunch Saturday at the Loon River Cafe please send me a PM

http://www.scidetroit.com/auctionitems.htm

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt

I'd love to come over again for lunch, but we have our local SCI convention the same date.

Maybe next time.

Terry

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
greatfalls montana banquet is march 14. info@406 7616211

Posts: 50 | Location: Greatfalls,Montana USA | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Falls/Pocatello Chapter Banquet is Feb. 21st in Pocatello this year. Will be held at the Red Lion (appropriate Smiler ) Call Rich Wabrek for info (208) 233-4802.

Will be an interested spectator for most of it, but my hand generally goes up a few times.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UEG,

at least your chapter has the balls to pull an item if it doesn't get a reasonable response. I am kinda tired of hunt selling for less than 25 percent at some of the chapter events.

Funny thing, I see some of these same bidders at multiple chapter events and stringing cheap trips from one outfitter to another. Guess that's how you play the game. Doesn't do SCI or the local Chapter any good when that happens.

I'm not surprised that some chapters are having trouble getting donations. Two chapters said no to my little company exhibiting unless I donated an all inclusive donated big game hunt. (One wanted a lion or elephant, the other wanted hippo/croc combo or sable/buff.) So, I took my offered 6-day nyala hunt, all inclusive by the way, and gave it to a charity to auction.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are working on our banquet details and have not cut back any on the offerings. My persional ticket sales are holding or possibly will be greater than last year. Hell where we live we are so poor we don't see the down turns in the economy because ours can't go lower. Smiler Anyone in the South Central Pa area our banquet is March 21, 2009 - that is a Saturday and in Altoona Pa.. Anyone interested in tickets PM me. Thanks

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
man I wish we had an Nyala hunt for auction at our banquet, that would be sweet

One of Us
posted Hide Post
P-Dawg,

if you are talking about the Kansas City Chap I'll be there. The donation there isn't a nyala, but for $950 more out of your pocket it could be. Wink

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
906-632-1947

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nkonka

I saw that, you can bet my hand will be going up on that auction. Looks like some real good bushbuck and impala, not to mention with the hunt only being 5 days, the wife could go and we could spend some time in Durban afterwards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
P-Dawg,

just replied to your PM. Guess we'll see ya there. The first out of the jug on me. Probably the first two!

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
906-632-1947

one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt, I would love to come for lunch but it looks like work is getting in the way yet again. I guess I cant complain as at least I am working, more than most in the area. I will give you a call later this week when I know for sure.

Terry, sorry to miss you again. It is always good when we can all get together.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Jan 30th

This is our updated auction list for our Feb 6th/7th Banquet weekend. Terry and Mike, wish we could link up.

Our chapter is in final approach for this weekend and are holding our collective breath to see how things go. It's entirely possible that we will have to bring out a clean sheet of paper for next year. For starters we want to deal with this 'cherry picking, low-ball price, string hunts together' mentality that has become so common the past several years. I'm personal friends with a lot of our donors and want to be able to look them in the eye. There was a time when it was understood that you got a good deal on a hunt at these auctions, you brought some additional business to the Outfitter/PH, and it was a gentlemanly win-win for everybody. Now I field bitches from guys when they can't buy a 5K hunt for under 2K. WTF!

But anyway, here's our list. PM me if you want some tickets, additional info, or meet for lunch.

http://www.scidetroit.com/auctionitems.htm

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
E Oh NW PA chapter is on April 4th.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt, I went to your link and it appears you have about 46 items each night on your live auction, how do you get it done in a few hrs? I ask this because we have a hard time doing 30/35 items in a few hrs.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Die, we will do 28-30 on Friday night then ~60 on Saturday night. It does indeed make for a long night on Saturday (11pm). The fair weather patriots are usually gone by 9:30pm so the hardcore bidders are sticking around as we do put some of the better stuff in late.

It really helps to have a good auctioneer. The very best we've ever used, hands down, is Les Ohlhauser from Colorado. Those years when we can't get him because he's doing National Finals Rodeo announcing we lose money.