New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 115,3 pounder??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have not heard of this bull, but you know those big ones just keep showing up out of nowhere from time to time..The reason being that a year or two before they die they have a tusk growth spurt as all the minerals they consume go to the tusk for some unexplainable reason....

Posts: 42163 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray you are right, these BULLS seem to appear out of nowhere. Kai-Uwe Denker took a 100 pounder in �97 with his client, two years later Arnold Huber took a 92 pounder, now this one.
Always Bushmanland. That place is magic but hard core hunting. The nerves of those old bushman-bulls are the shortest you get. Might be a gene, might be because of the minerals.
I sincerely hope to get the opportunity to stalk one of those one day. Surely a delicacy for every hunter. Thick sand, lots of shrub, lots of tracking and walking and very little comfort.
Regs Kamaatu

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
Thats an interesting idea - the spurt of growth I mean...I would like to find some more information on it...where did you come across that theory?

Thanks
Andy

Posts: 133 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kamaatu,

you are right - I've read it on a (German) worldwide hunting web page - see JWW -

The second teeth seems to been broken.

Best regards,

Erik

Posts: 175 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
"pfund", huh? I am certainly open to correction, here, as my German is very limited, but I recall the pfund being a half-kilo or 1.1 lbs. That would make the tusk 126.8 lbs! Are we talking about different pounds, here?

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
@ Oldsarge,
I only heard about him beeing measured in english pounds.
The Germans often get things mixed up !!

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

@ Oldsarge,
I only heard about him beeing measured in english pounds.
The Germans often get things mixed up !!

No idea if the web page quotes English pounds or "metric pounds" = 1/2 kg

But nevertheless, a big elephant

Best regards,

Erik

Posts: 175 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote