New
Find
Notify
Tools

School me....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I/we are in the process of planning another trip to RSA for our third safari with Huntersgame Safaris. The first and second trip we stayed at their comfortable lodge and enjoyed great hunting. For our next trip we would like to do a traditional tent camp safari as we will be accompanied by our only grandson and we want him to enjoy Africa in a traditional atmosphere. Our outfitter/PH has asked what quality of tent camp that we desire. I have no idea what to ask and therefore present this question to this forum. We would like to be somewhat comfortable and keep the $$ reasonable. I have taken 12 plains game animals thus far and have a bucket list of six additional animals. We do understand the tipping policy and have been generous in our past trips. I look forward to learning more from this learned forum. Thank you in advance for any and all help extended. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
MTG
What your outfitter is probably asking is are you looking for the elaborate (at least in NA terms) tent camps with semi permanent wall tents, en suite baths, and beds, or are you looking for smaller tents with bedding on sleeping pads like you would typically find at a spike camp?
He can probably set up the latter just about anywhere on a moment's notice but the former probably requires him to contract with a property which offers this type of experience.
Mrs Blacktailer prefers the more elaborate camp but we have done both.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Here is the elaborate camp

Here is the spike camp

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote