Find
Notify
Tools

Houston Safari Club?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted
Did any get to the Houston Safari Club this weekend? I had plans changed on me and couldn't make it?

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw Jeffeoso and Hog Killer. A couple of toher folks wearing the garb walked by the booth but PvT and I were busy when they did.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was there Sunday....only talked to one AR member, from Kahalari Safaris...Greg Rodriguez was busy @ his table when I walked by, must have been the same way @ Dan's too.
Robert

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I saw Bob Cuyler, Lavaca, and Hog Killer, but I know I missed some more because I was swamped the whole show. Overall, Houston and Dallas were very good.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.GAOHunts.com
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
Let me add- how was the event? Was the overall attendance good for a typicall Houston show? Did it look likew the outfitters were busy?

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was there Saturday, seemed fairly busy to me.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know how many of you were in Dallas the week before but hands down there was no comparison. I've been going to Dallas show for over 20 years and Houston for the last 6 or 7years. Houston was the slowest I've ever seen, Dallas was one of, if not the busiest, I've ever seen on Saturday.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at Houston on Friday. Looked like a classic slow starting day, but money was moving across the tables. Left about 4pm. Spoke with a number of good people and collected brochures to spread about in my small town. Need to convince more folks on such a good deal they can really have in Africa. Some of the packages being offered were certainly bargains for first time people, or even for "regulars" if the outfitter had what you wanted. I just cannot "see" spending $2400+ for a single Whitetail buck on a 2 day hunt, or the untold costs of a nothing guaranteed Elk hunt.

LLS

Posts: 188 | Location: Texas, via US Navy & Raytheon | Registered: 17 August 2008Reply With Quote