THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Communal Land Hunting in Zim - New DVD

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Communal Land Hunting in Zim - New DVD
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of David W
posted
There was a question a couple of weeks ago about the difference between hunting in communal lands vs. safari areas in Zimbabwe. There is a new DVD out that gives an excellent look at hunting in a communal land.

The DVD is called "First Season" and it documents the 2008 season with Martin Pieters Safaris in Omay. In addition to excellent hunting footage, there are scenes of the local people, an explanation of the Campfire program and historical footage of the area.

The film documents an extremely close call with a wounded bull elephant in the jesse, when the PH's rifle malfunctions and what must be the best wounded leopard follow-up and charge ever filmed.

I bought a copy at Martin's booth in Reno. Safari Press has them in stock now.

https://www.safaripress.com/pr...=1015&cat=302&page=3

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
David,
Thanks for the recommendation... I will certainly pick one up based on your endorsement! I believe our own Bill Campbell is hunting elephant with Martin this spring so he might want a copy to get a feel for the area he will be hunting...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Russell,

I really enjoyed the video. It is well edited, with a good mix of hunting and other footage. Martin and his crew clearly love what they're doing and I hear he is doing a good job with the area. If Bill is headed over to hunt with Martin, he'll find the DVD - particularly the elephant hunting scenes, interesting.

The leopard follow-up alone is worth the price of the film. If you've ever been involved in one of those, it brings back all kinds of bad deja vu!

Good Hunting,
David

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote