New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Operations - Algeria
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going on a business trip to Algeria in December, and as with every trip, there is always time for a short hunting trip. Any recommendations on outfitters and/or PH to approach.

Posts: 25 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 16 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Should we assume your French is fluent? Here below are a couple of links to get you started. I have never been on a hunt in Algeria, but you will like the idea of being armed when you're there.

http://www.saravoyages.com/saratravels/chasse.htm

http://www.saravoyages.com/chasse.htm

http://www.algerieautrefois.co...ers/lachassePict.php

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but you will like the idea of being armed when you're there.

I appreciate the French penchant for understatement. Smiler

From the US Dept of State website, 4/2/10:

quote:
The Department of State recommends that U.S. citizens avoid overland travel in Algeria. Americans who reside or travel in Algeria should take prudent security measures while in the country, including making provisions for reliable and experienced logistical support. Additionally, sporadic episodes of civil unrest have been known to occur. U.S. citizens should avoid large crowds and maintain security awareness at all times. Visitors to Algeria are advised to stay only in hotels where adequate security is provided. All visitors to Algeria should remain alert and adhere to prudent security practices such as avoiding predictable travel patterns and maintaining a low profile.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, maybe this is one time to stay indoors.

Posts: 25 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 16 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
If I happened to be in Algeria I would definitely go hunting. Hell, you're already there. US Government travel warnings for Kenya are about the same as the one for Algeria. It's all about CYA.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote