THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Beware: Update on Usangu Safari/Zahir Mullah
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware: Update on Usangu Safari/Zahir Mullah
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted
I have been advised that Zahir Mullah is now operating under Mwatisi Safaris and is in buiness with someone by the name of Sherdal Omari and plans to attend the Adihex Hunting Show in Abu Dhabi from Sept 30th to Oct 3rd. Booth #9151. They do not seem to have a Web Site, so I don't have any contact details. If anyone can confirm this please advise?

I advise anyone not to book with this man until they research Usangu Safaris and learn about all the deposit money the Clients lost to him in 2006 & 2007

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a crime that this man is not behind bars and is still operating in the tourist hunting industry!

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed
Perhaps you have some contacts at the top of the ADIHEX ladder that you could mention this to?

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you mean Sherdell Omar Sherdell???

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Last year 2 of Usangu safari hunters were dropped off on PVT's Airstrip in the bush with there Ph for safari... no trucks, no communication and in the dark...They were surrounded by lions also...
Pierre got a call by sat phone and went and picked them up and arranged for another plane to pick them up next day and back to DAr PH and some others were arrested..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is a bad guy no doubt. I met him while he was poaching our concession in 07. I spoke to his clients. It was ugly.

Stay as far away as you can. I suspect his antics would have him arrested in this country. Of course that won't be an issue as he was deported from here.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago, I got lucky. I was booking my first buff hunt and someone directed me to his booking agent. I was ready to send the deposit. I had informed the booking agent that all I wanted was one buffalo. In the middle of the deal, the agent told me that I would be required to take both buffalo on license. I cancelled and booked with Wendell. Lucky for me. I've heard some horror stories from a PH who worked for this guy on one hunt. Stay as far away from him as possible!

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Not trying to defend him, but, if he is this bad, how come he still has a license to operate?

And how come those hunters who book with him and get messed up not speak about it on public forums like AR?

I spoke to one of the orgenizers of the show about this, and he said there is not much they can do as long as he shows them a valid operating license??!!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67046 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
And how come those hunters who book with him and get messed up not speak about it on public forums like AR?

Embarassed to tell anyone.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

You have got to be kidding right? I have posted several times about the entire Mulla families capers and the people they screw. I got hosed for 40K I as well as others posted this type of stuff right here on AR.

Brett,

Finger on the pulse as always...

A more detailed version of some folks screw jobs can be found on the Hunting Report Web site. BTW, I did not renew my subscription because Causey (retired now) refused to call these guys out when he could have saved some folks. Froterhouse was investigated by the FBI and sued by a group of hunters, don't know how that turned out.

Jeff

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Saeed,

You have got to be kidding right? I have posted several times about the entire Mulla families capers and the people they screw. I got hosed for 40K I as well as others posted this type of stuff right here on AR.

Brett,

Finger on the pulse as always...

Jeff

Jeff,

You must be among the minority, as the Tanzania government still issues them with a license to operate.

I understand that his house i Florida was confiscated in a court case a while back, may be you have a case against him when he comes to SCI.

Posts: 67046 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

He has homes in Texas, not in Florida to my knowledge. He has 1.2 million US judgment agains him in Tanzania. He also is married to 2 women, one in the States and Yvetta whom he has a child with and has been hiding in Latvia. He is banned fro SCI permanently and I put a ton of work into this to help the process along. He is also banned from DSC. Bear in mind, this guy has been a guest in my home and I at one time considered him a friend; so deep is his treachery.

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
quote:
A more detailed version of some folks screw jobs can be found on the Hunting Report Web site. BTW, I did not renew my subscription because Causey (retired now) refused to call these guys out when he could have saved some folks. Froterhouse was investigated by the FBI and sued by a group of hunters, don't know how that turned out.

That is why I did not renew with the Hunt Report also. Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Hunting Report collected reports on him. A large number of people responded. If I recall correctly, the Hunting Report started this after a call from clients in Tanzania where some really bad things were going down.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

You are correct, but this was started LONG after the rip offs began. Causey was fully aware and did not act nearly soon enough.

One other thing, the H Report did not collect the reports and respond or research, they allowed hunters to post their own sagas. A subtle but distinct difference.

Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Everyone in Tz asks themselves the same question..........

He and his family are obviously highly connected. His father - who passed about a year ago - was the ruling party chief of Mbeya regio/District. Despite all the negative reports on him and Usangu, as well as a police investigation into smuggling of ivory and other Game trophies, he is still operating. This July, he ended up convincing the Minister to sub-divide one of Robin Hurts Rungwa Open hunting blocks. NO for-warning, no consultation. He landed at their airstrip with clients and a letter of allocation in July!

What needs to happen is for every one that knows about his negative acts (Bwana Bunduki?)to email the Director of Wildlife and cc TAHOA.

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mich:

If you can get us an e mail address, I will e mail him a link to the Hunting Reports file on this matter.

If I recall correctly, the Hunting Report set up their special"file" (not sure what they called it) after a few pretty serious issues. Again ,if I recall correctly, HR subscribers called from Tanzania via satellite phone to alert other clients. They had pretty much been left in the bush my Mr. Mulla.

The HR recently posted something about Mr. Mulla's brother trying to pay off the Usangu obligations. That struck me as really strange.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TAHOA has been informed by me and others. Connected is right. I have spent a lot of energy on this. Far beyond 40K.

Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
will do so tomorrow.

Saeed, you may want to tell your show organizers to contact DSC, SCI, HR, FBI US homeland Security/Immigration on Zahir Mulla - They should get enough info to ban him as well.

If not, some trade show goer is going to get shafted!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This July, he ended up convincing the Minister to sub-divide one of Robin Hurts Rungwa Open hunting blocks. NO for-warning, no consultation. He landed at their airstrip with clients and a letter of allocation in July!

Eeker

Unbelivable

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
And by no fault of his own Robin Hurt likely goes off my list of Rungwa area hunting companies. Roll Eyes

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that story pretty much shows he is paying people off. I can't even imagine how RH felt to get such a shock.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy's connected. It's Africa. Money and connections will get you just about anything you want. It's always been that way and it is not going to change.

This guy is wrong, Saeed. The UAE won't be helped by his presence. On the contrary.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Mich:

If you can get us an e mail address, I will e mail him a link to the Hunting Reports file on this matter.

director@wildlife.go.tz

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mich,

Should that be .gov.tz rather than .go.tz?

one of us
posted Hide Post
HI Steve,
no it is correct at .go.tz

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Thanks buddy, just wanted to make sure! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have advised the Hunting Report of this matter. They are sending me all of the documents. As soon as I get them. I will send them.

If anyone wants them, PM me your e mail address and I will send them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The reports have been sent.

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
PM sent with e-mail address

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT

Keepin this on the front page...sorry.

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not received a reply from the Director of Wildlife. It has been about 24 hours. It will be interesting to see if I get a response.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have not received a reply from the Director of Wildlife. It has been about 24 hours. It will be interesting to see if I get a response.

Larry,

It would be interesting indeed though I have doubts you will.

Posts: 307 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 19 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Why don't the individuals who have hunted with Osangu, and have had a negative experience, post their hunt report here?

To me, that is the most important way to show what had happened, and the exposure it gets here to the hunting community will get the word out more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

I have a large number of reports that were sent to the Hunting Report. I sent them all to the Director of Wildlife last Wednesday. I have yet to receive a response.

I will try and post a link to them Monday. I don't have much time as I am leaving Tuesday for my hunt in Zimbabwe.

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Try this,

http:/www.huntingreport.com/forum_ussangu.cfm#comments

I got it off the web by typing in Zahir Mullah

If it don't work for you, then pm me an e-mail address and I will send it to you that way.
Larry

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Gentlemen,

Why don't the individuals who have hunted with Osangu, and have had a negative experience, post their hunt report here?

To me, that is the most important way to show what had happened, and the exposure it gets here to the hunting community will get the word out more.

Our hunt in September 2006 ended up alright but there were certainly the early warning signs of a melt down:

- We were booked to hunt in the Selous. Literally, in the car on the way to the airport for our charter to camp we were told that we were not hunting in the Selous but in the Usangu Reserve (the concession that they subsequently lost). Obviously they knew about this change well beforehand but elected to tell us when there was really no option to do anything.
- Early in the hunt we lost about a day and half of the hunt when someone from the park's department showed up and it was clear that we did not have permits to hunt. We hung around in camp waiting for money to change hands so the permit issue could be sorted out.
- We ended up with five hunters in camp all of whom were hunting, among other things, buffalo. There was a paucity of buffalo in the area so we all ended up rotating into and out of the one area adjoining the Ruaha National Park where the buffalo were moving. It was aggravating to be on a buffalo hunt and realize that since today was not your day in the zone, you were going to be off on a fool's errand looking for buffalo somewhere else when the likelihood of seeing anything was low.
- Several of the hunters in camp lost days due to equipment problems. The hunting vehicles were constantly having problems.
- There was an incident involving a confrontation with a prominent local business person that was found hunting in the area, an incident where someone could have been shot. One of the hunting groups found the business fellow's group poaching, confronted them and some of the fellows with the local business man did not want to disarm. More hunting time lost as they dragged the poachers back to camp and radioed for game department officials to come out . . .
- Our charter out was scheduled to leave late morning. We ended up leaving late in the afternoon. When the charter arrived it was apparent that the wait was so that they could combine the charter out with another group's charter in. Problem was, we paid for both legs of the charter. They did end up refunding money for the split charter but it took some persistence.

As I say, our hunt ended up fine. We (a buddy and I) ended up taking several buffalo plus other plainsgame, the camp had adequate/good food, drink, we had a good time, etc., but there were clearly some warning signs of problems to come.

Mike

Posts: 21248 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is an excerpt from an e mail I received from the Hunting Report:

Yes, you can find it on our homepage www.huntingreport.com. I attached a link so you can get to it.

http://www.huntingreport.com/forum_ussangu.cfm

This has many serious complaints. I have additional info. I will have to figure out how to get posted here.