Find
Notify
Tools

New Record?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted
I left Zim on June 16, following a 16 day hunt with Zambezi Hunters.

I talked to Coppersmith ATL today and my trophies are in Atlanta, at USFWS, awaiting inspection. In fact, they have been there a few days.

That's about 100 days from end of hunt to trophies on American soil. I think that is truly remarkable.

Is that a record?

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
It has to be.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I left Zim on August 18th and on September 23rd I got an e-mail from UTI in Seattle asking if I will accept the freight charges from Mokore Safari/ Zimbabwe.

I'm not saying its here yet, but,......

Posts: 9112 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its probably a record for Zimbabwe, but I will give Laura DuPlooy the win, as last year she had my stuff from Zambia back in the US in just over a month (as I recall, just over 40 days)

Posts: 10627 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr. Tim Burkhart
posted Hide Post
That is definately a record for Jonny and crew! That big old leopard is gonna look great when it is done!

Dr. Tim

Posts: 166 | Location: Caledonia, Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Schaefer
posted Hide Post
My Dad and I hunted South Africa and then Zim with Zambezi Hunters only in Zim. We hunted October 12 - Nov 2, 2008 and our trophies are all nearly done being mounted through the Wildlife Gallery as of today. What was even more surprising to me was that all our Zim trophies beat the South African trophies by a month or so when shipped to the States. I dont remember the exact number of days but I remember it being really fast.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..."
Jose Ortega y Gasset, Meditations on Hunting.

Posts: 52 | Location: Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: 21 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Walker & Watson/Pro Safaris in Rifa (Zim) and finished hunting May 1. I received my shipment in Montana today. Most Zimbabwe companies are great operators.

Posts: 389 | Location: Montana, USA | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was talking with Steve Kolbreen (sp?)
the guy who is hunting pygmy antelope in Ghana.
He said that they usually dry those little buggers out in a couple of hours and he DHL's the package with the skin/skull from the airport when he drops off the hunter. He said that the trophy shipment is usually waiting for the hunter when he arrives home- the trophy beats the hunter!

Mind you- he packs the shipment in a box 1/2 the size of a shoe box and the skin and skull together weigh about 1/4 lb.

Posts: 171 | Location: ontario canada | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Will on the fast turnaround of your trophies !
... now if you can find a taxidermist with equally fast turnaround you will be enjoying your leopard mount before you know it !
Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Thats quick!

Be sure to show us that Leopard when the taxidermist gets done thumb

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's great! Who was the dip/pack and shipping agent?

My Sept/Oct 2007 Zim trophies finally arrived in Houston at Conroe Taxidermy in May 2009.

UTI and Edwin in Harare created one problem after another. Maybe they have their house in order now. I know that if/when I return to Zim, I will make sure that UTI is not involved in my trophy handling at any stage.

Sounds like Zambezi Hunters is on top of the situation.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote