New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another great buffalo - PICS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Had the chance for a quick one nighter in Tarangire Park the other weekend and snapped a couple of pics of a great buffalo. The genetics here never seize to amaze me.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Yup, I'd shoot that. Love his drop. I can't tell if the bull behind him in the second pic has a hard boss but he looks huge from the angle he is at.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at the one on the left behind the tree. Look at those curls!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Saw a cow there a few years ago that had to be pushing 50 inches. Unfortunately by the time I got the camera out she was gone.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Yes sir!

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mic, in the second photo the one behind is also impressive.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
All three are great & I would like to see the boss of the one at the back left with the huge curls!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11222 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be just a bit east of there in March and hope to run across him. As for the one behind the tree, he looks a bit young to me, but definitely has potential.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The one behind is a bit young IMHO and I would probably hold out on him. Many PHs would shoot it and nothing wrong with that.

The one on the left is definetely still young with soft bosses. Impressive curls - they often have in that age set.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would let my 500 jeffery do all the talking needed on a bull like that jumping

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote