Find
Notify
Tools

So There I Was...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Sitting at my desk yesterday afternoon thinking how I can cram in all the work that I have prior to departure for Africa the next day. It's going to be a push but if I get everything in order and keep my head down it is doable....JUST!!

So I'm wrapping up a call and I look at my watch to see that it is the 19th.... CR@P!!!! I fly on the 19th!!! What happened to my spare day??? I've got 45 minutes to pack everything for a month and get out of dodge!!

I'm half way up the stairs before I think of the client, [half fall] back down to the office to grab the cell then fly back up to the back room where I keep all my hunting clothes. It's a blur of trying to open a suitcase with one hand whilst dialling the client to see if he is on his way to the airport and throwinfg anything I can find that is brown green or beige into the 4" gap I created in the suitcase.....

"Paul!!! Are you on your way to the airport yet?" I can hear my voice is a bit higher pitched than normal.

"I'm flying tomorrow" he says "Oh ?!"!@! I need to check don't tell me that I missed my flight" and the phone goes dead.

I head back into the office to get his flight details up and see the calendar on the Windows screen..... It's the 18th!!

It seems my Watch has been switching date a midday instead of midnight and was 12 hours early..... The most frantic 45 seconds of my life!!

So now I'm all packed. Ammo is loaded and packed, Guns about to go into their cases and all my old clothes are in a duffel for the bird boys. (Yes I know I've never seen a tracker of my dimensions either!!) Wink

Well all I need now is my Firearms permit, and to choose which cigars go into the Travel Humidor.

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clap

Have a great trip!

Cheers,

Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1976 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Have a great time. And, do try to relax!

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Kiri don't forget your guns.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now you have a day free! Did you pack a spare shoulder?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought that was hilarious!
I can only imagine the panic you were going through.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a Hilarious!
That's literally like a stress dream many of us have !!!lol
Did you also dream you went back to school in your underwear or one of those common bad dreams!
You lived it there for a few minutes!
12 O'Clock happens twice a day! Even a broken clock is right twice..Smiler

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Walter in disguise....

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
That's funny!! Well, you wait to the last minute to pack or plan, you only have to pack or plan for a minute!

I did something quite similar awhile back except I made it to the ticket counter before my error was pointed out. The poor girl at the counter patiently tolerated my rant about them "not having my reservation" before pointing out that my flight is "tomorrow". Big Grin Eeker Whistling I apologized and the girl still remembers me to this day. When I go to her counter she always asks "Are you sure you are flying with us today, Sir?"

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to laugh about the seriousness of Security in the airports these days. My hunting partner would have to explain to you that there is a Grand Rapids in both Michigan AND Minnesota. Seems if you convince them to let you on the wrong airplane, it is an embarrassing and uncomfortable 12 hour bus ride back to your original destination! Smiler

Enjoy your trip.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Mate,

You always make me laugh.

I can't wait to meet you some day in person, taking the piss is going to be awesome!

Seth

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Happy hunting Kiri tu2

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good show!

Have a great hunt!

salute

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Arild,

Clive says hi.

Sitting on the banks of the Limpopo is a great way to releive the stress, even if the river is dry!

We need to shoot a buffalo so we have so we have some hyena bait.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2