New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Into the Thorns" by Wayne Grant
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone had the opportunity to read Zim PH Wayne Grant's new book on leopard hunting??

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Where can we get the book and how much?

one of us
posted Hide Post
He is supposed to have some at the convention

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I proof read the final draft for him and helped with the editing. FANTASTIC book.

It has just finished printing (in the far east) and should be shiped to Reno this week. Cutting life fine!!!!

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ganyana,

Is it a story book, or more of a "how to" book??

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In a long winded sence it is the definative "how to" book of leopard hunting. I say long winded, because it is briliantly "illistrated" with annecdodes and stories. Tales of particularly difficult leopard when more than the basics were needed etc.

Anybody wanting to hunt leopard should read it-

Those like me who don't hunt leopard should also read it- simply for the enjoyment of a good read.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Who will be selling it in Reno?

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't make it to SCI. How can I get a copy of the book and what is the price?
Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of CLIFT
posted Hide Post
Check with the AFRICAN HUNTER MAGAZINE BOOTH
#2752/2754 at SCI

Posts: 76 | Location: WAXAHACHIE, TEXAS | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Missed seeing this in Reno. Anyone know where copies are available now?? Thanks

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
There is an ad in the latest African Hunter magazine. No order form with the ad but there is an email address: intothethorns@verizon.net

Hope this helps!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
graybird - tried the address you cited with no results?? Anyone else have an idea?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
There is an ad in the latest African Hunter magazine. No order form with the ad but there is an email address: intothethorns@verizon.net

Hope this helps!

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I picked mine up at SCI and Wayne autographed it. He said that he had only brought 200 to the U.S. and should have brought 500. I would get on the internet and call African Hunter's U.S. number and find out if there are any left and/or when they might have more in. I have been reading it and I agree with Ganyana, a fantastic book and well worth the price of $100.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
graybird - tried the address you cited with no results?? Anyone else have an idea?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by graybird:

Hope this helps!

I checked to make sure I transposed the email address correctly, which is correct. I guess I would take UEG's advice and try contacting African Hunter Magazine.

Let us know if you make some headway!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I got my copy yedsterday in the mail. Very nicely autographed by the author.

A kind gentleman mailed it at at Dubai airport while he was in transit from the US back to Africa.

I just read a few pages last night, and my impression so far is that it is going to be a very good read.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67717 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
I'm about 120 pages into the copy I picked up in Reno and I concur. It's surperbly written, entertaining and informative.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote