New
Find
Notify
Tools

More new guy questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'v e been reading and digesting as much as possible since the first post of mine soliciting advice.
What time line should I be working on for a 2008 Safari for plains game....how far in advance do I need to decide on an outfitter, send deposit, book airline for best price and arrange passport.

Thanks again guys.

Posts: 88 | Location: Mt. Wolf PA | Registered: 17 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
gooseclitz22 your running short on time right now, for a 2008 safari! I'd get in touch with one of the booking agents who post here on AR this week, and that may be too late to get a good time slot! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
For plainsgame in RSA I dont think you should have too much trouble as long as you dont let it go untill November and wish to hunt a prime spot in July or August.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Goose,

I'd take Mac's advise. Later you may find some openings but if you want to pick the dates that work for you get after it ASAP. Give me a call if I can help.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess I better get on it then...I was thinking I could plan for a few months and decide by end of summer....how about booking airline flights? How far in advance?

Posts: 88 | Location: Mt. Wolf PA | Registered: 17 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Usually, but not quite always, booking a seat as far in advance as possible is the best way. Sometimes, you might pick up a last-minute sale, but overwhelmingly fares increase substantially the closer you book to your departure date.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gooseblitz, sent you a PM. I live about 3 miles from you.

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote