Find
Notify
Tools

Nganga
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Nganga is a collective name for what is commonly referred to as a witch doctor.

My good friend, tracker and my right hand man Green started the dialogue and it went like this:

Green - There is big shit in Kaindu village.

Fairgame - Yes?

Green - Yes, big shit and the Nganga is very angry.

Fairgame - Yes?

Green - Yes, the Nganga called a meeting of all the community because they had all seen ghosts and only the Nganga has that power to do that.

Fairgame - Yes?

Green - Yes, and one man was beaten to death.

Fairgame - Why?

Green - The Nganga asked the congregation if anybody had ever had sex with a ghost and one man admitted to it.

Fairgame - Bloody hell Green that is a bit tough.

Green - Thing is he misunderstood the question and thought the Nganga was referring to goats.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9977 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that an Aggie joke stolen from one of your Texas clients and modified for ZA?

Posts: 150 | Location: Blanco Co., TX | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell, the reason most Aggies hate aggie jokes is they do not understand them!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand that there are places in the world where such behaviour is quite common. Wink

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Chick:
Hell, the reason most Aggies hate aggie jokes is they do not understand them!

knife

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37886 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is an "aggie"?

Posts: 392 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
In this context an 'Aggie' is a graduate of Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. A&M as in Agriculture and Mechanical.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aggies are undergraduate students who couldn't get admitted to Southern Cal.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
Aggies are undergraduate students who couldn't get admitted to Southern Cal.

No...Aggies are folks wo wonder if Colyfornnia is really part of of the US and if so...how long it will take for it to fall into the ocean!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37886 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Here you go. 525gr 505 soft point and REBAR.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Rebar! Now that is ingenious.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark,

Note that photo is for the .505 Gibbs versus the 12mmm post.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
That's where my missing 12mm re bar went from my last project. Mad
Now one can only guess where the spare role of tie wire went..

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
------
Green - Thing is he misunderstood the question and thought the Nganga was referring to goats.

I thought it was sheep and that the guy was an Aussie....also he wore a "cap" as protection.....from snake bite! rotflmo

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11243 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by umshiniwam:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is an "aggie"?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Poor poor Bevo

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Texas A&M means Texas Agriculture and Mining University
Aggie - Agriculture

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Per www.tamu.edu

"Q: What does "A&M" stand for?
A: Texas A&M, the state's first public institution of higher education, was opened on Oct. 4, 1876 as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, and at that time the "A" and "M" initials were used to abbreviate the name components. When the institution gained university status in 1963, the "A&M" representation (no periods, no spaces and with an ampersand) was incorporated into the official name in deference to the institution's history and rich traditions, but the individual letters no longer explicitly stand for anything.
"

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bevo had a pretty good afternoon yesterday.

We at #3 Boise State University tender our thanks to you all for dealing with the upstart former #5 cornholers, errrrrr cornhuskers.

Rich
Boise Broncos

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:

We at #3 Boise State University tender our thanks to you all for dealing with the upstart former #5 cornholers, errrrrr cornhuskers.

Rich
Boise Broncos

Rich,

After my buckeyes crapped out yesterday I've decided I'm pulling for you! I'd like to see Michigan State and Boise State in the national championship. We'll see.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand that there are places in the world where such behavior is quite common. Wink

Read Wilfred Thesigers "Arabian Sands". Apparently the wildest of the Bedu would not think twice and even take it their frustrations on each other or the nearest camel.

That off course was ousted with the advent of Wahabi Islam.
About three years ago a Pakistani man in Ras al Khaimah was found to have done the dirty on a camel. He was sentenced to 100 lashes and imprisonment. the poor camel was put to death as it was now an impure animal.

Then we cant forget our Kiwi buddies from whence the saying "Full Welly" is apparently derived. It refers to the wellington style gumboots into which a sheeps hind legs can be inserted whilst... you fill in the blanks.

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Hentie van Heerden
posted Hide Post
Andrew,
after a long haul in the bush, I would advise to stay away from both, goats and ghosts!!!
Regards from Howard, he is heading off to Mozambique today. He got a really nice old Elephant!
I hear you and Tor were in need of an Elephant “exterminator” while in a Lion blind . . .
Hentie

Hunting Namibia

Posts: 19 | Location: Africa | Registered: 22 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vlam:
quote:
I understand that there are places in the world where such behavior is quite common. Wink

Read Wilfred Thesigers "Arabian Sands". Apparently the wildest of the Bedu would not think twice and even take it their frustrations on each other or the nearest camel.

That off course was ousted with the advent of Wahabi Islam.
About three years ago a Pakistani man in Ras al Khaimah was found to have done the dirty on a camel. He was sentenced to 100 lashes and imprisonment. the poor camel was put to death as it was now an impure animal.

Then we cant forget our Kiwi buddies from whence the saying "Full Welly" is apparently derived. It refers to the wellington style gumboots into which a sheeps hind legs can be inserted whilst... you fill in the blanks.

'Are you shearing' I asked?

'No, get yer bloody own' he replied.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hentie van Heerden:
Andrew,
after a long haul in the bush, I would advise to stay away from both, goats and ghosts!!!
Regards from Howard, he is heading off to Mozambique today. He got a really nice old Elephant!
I hear you and Tor were in need of an Elephant “exterminator” while in a Lion blind . . .
Hentie

Hi Hentie,

Congrats on the elephant.

Quite right. Thor was my apprentice then. After the incident I advised him to move the blind well off the elephant path.

My suggestion to Thor during the stampede was to get on the sat phone and call Elephants R US to see what advice they could offer?

I was the only one to find this funny.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:

Rich
Boise Broncos

Rich, I hesitate to start this with you but here goes.
Boise, come on. Play in the SEC week end and week out and see how long you last at no. 3.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote