THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Leaving the 25th for RSA and Botswana

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaving the 25th for RSA and Botswana
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sadie and I are off for RSA this Sun. We'll be hunting with Garry Kelly in 3 diffferent areas over a couple of weeks. We're going to try and pick up some animals unique to RSA like vaal rhebok, cape bushbuck and kudu,nyala etc. plus I'd like to get some better specimens of some of the animals I've shot before. The last two weeks will be spent in Botswana looking for an elephant. If we finish early enough we'll go to the okavango to find a red lechwe.

I'll try to file a detailed report after I return Sept. 1. I'm still struggling with posting pics but I'll try.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Mark- Hope you have a great time and super hunt. You deserve it! Looking forward to the report upon your return.

JOHN

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Have a great trip, find some big ones. Will look forward to reading your report and seeing your pictures. Maybe I will manage to get my pictures up before you get back.

Fred
CFA

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the Vaal Rhebok. I got one last month, they are a fantastic trophy and VERY challenging! Prepare to shoot long, and figure in at least a couple days, probably more, of hunting him to get one. Many consider him the most difficult antelope in Africa to get. Hunting them is more like sheep or goat hunting than "antelope" type hunting.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Arts,

I'm anticipating the vaal to be one of the highlights of the safari.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Good luck, tell our friends at Bonwa Phala that Rena, Kate and Keith miss them dearly and Kate will be back for the Soccer World Cup.

I would hope that the Crown Royal I left there is gone by now but if not have a good stiff one on me,

Keith

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Have a wonderful time! I hope you and yours have a wonderful trip, be careful and squeeze the trigger!!!

Joe

Posts: 185 | Location: ohio | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck and I hope you and Sadie enjoy yourselves. Will look forward to your report upon your return.

Shannon

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark: I hope you have a good and safe hunt. I hope you shoot a good elephant. Take lots of photos.

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your hunt sounds fantastic! Best of Luck to you.

Please be sure to post lots of pics upon your return.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark; Have a great trip and successful hunt. Hope we rendezvous in Jo'burg enroute home!!! D. Nelson

one of us
posted Hide Post
THX FOR ALL THE GOOD WISHES. I'M OFF TO THE AIRPORT. WILL POST A REPORT ASAP ON MY RETURN.