Find
Notify
Tools

CT Safaris 2021 Hunt Pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted
There is no doubt that 2020 was tough on everyone. And those of us who work in the safari industry were certainly not spared.

In March of 2020 I left for my second marketing trip to exhibit at the Edmonton Boat and Sportsmen’s show. Halfway through the first day of the show, we received news that all public gatherings had been banned in Canada, so this was the end of the show for us (fortunately not the end of the road).

We returned home, just in time for South Africa’s first ever complete lockdown and over the next months it dawned on us that there would be no hunting with international clients in 2020... Hunts that had been booked for 2020 were subsequently rescheduled for 2021 and 2022.

As time progressed, it became evident that 2021 would be nowhere close to normal from a hunting perspective either with many clients yet again moving their hunts over to 2022...

Fortunately, some of our clients were more than hungry to come back and hunt in Africa and despite the challenges that they faced getting here, they “bit the bullet” so to speak and made their way over here. One such group were my friends from Utah.

Paul's first African animal - an old Gemsbuck taken in the Mountains of Sabrisa Ranch.

Paul's Kudu - also taken in the mountains of Sabrisa Ranch.

Paul's Impala - a 25" dandy - from Sabrisa Ranch!

Ty's first African animal - a white Blesbuck taken with a bow!

Alan's Kalahari Springbok

Wade's Kalahari Springbok

Alan's Lion

Wade's Lion - taken with his black powder double as it charged!

Alan's 44" Sable - hunted on Sabrisa Ranch

Ty's Black-Backed Jackal

Wade's first animal ever with his bow - Nyala.

Paul's Golden Wildebeest

Vicena's Golden Wildebeest

Wade's Genet

Ty's Gemsbuck

Wade's Lioness

Alan's Lioness

Alan's Red Lechwe

Alan's Black Wildebeest

Vicena's Black Impala

Wade's Blesbuck

Ty's Baboon

These were the highlights. All and all a very successful safari thanks to clients like Alan and co who had decided - enough is enough - and stood up to the challenge of getting to South Africa in these difficult times.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Great to see things slowly returning to a semblance of normal Chris! Thanks for the report.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
very nice Chris,

thank you for sharing

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting!

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
As the season draws to a close I thought I'd share some more hunting pics with you all - starting with Mike and his son - Austin's hunt:

Mike's Impala

Austin's Impala

Mike's Black Impala

Austin's Nyala

Exceptional Klipspringer hunted by Mike

Austin's "Bushveld" Springbuck

Mike's very nice Tsessebe

Mike's Sable measured 46"!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Some nice trophies, especially those "wild" lion.

My comment may irk some people, but I have a hunting ethic I will not break, and one of them has to do with shooting captive bred lion.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil-PH:

My comment may irk some people, but I have a hunting ethic I will not break, and one of them has to do with shooting captive bred lion.

I do not think Chris is selling it as anything else? The golden wildebeest is a freak but different strokes for different folks.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

I do not think Chris is selling it as anything else? The golden wildebeest is a freak but different strokes for different folks.

It's permitted in SA, and as you say "different strokes for different folks".......its just not for me; even seeing them as "trophies" bothers me.

No offence to Chris.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

It's permitted in SA, and as you say "different strokes for different folks".......its just not for me; even seeing them as "trophies" bothers me.

No offence to Chris.

Fully understand and Neil we are fortunate to entertain hunters who want to explore the wild.

Chris is a good operator.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
Not sure where in my text above I referred to any "wild" lion but everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

Back to the topic at hand...

Jim's Kudu bull

John's Blue "WILD"ebeest"

John's Kudu

Joe's Kudu

Joe's Springbok

Joe's Red Hartebeest

Joe's Bushbuck

John's Bushbuck

Jim's Bushbuck

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Nice trophies, I like Joe's bushbuck, looks like a dandy.

Just thinking that Joe was leading the group with fine trophies. He has more pictures.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote