THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    OT- Prayer for our Special Ops Team in the Mountains

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT- Prayer for our Special Ops Team in the Mountains
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For our men on the ill fated special ops mission in the mountains of Afghanistan.
Godspeed and good luck.

Posts: 435 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
It is done. Every night I pray for all our service men and women.

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Me TOO

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
To all of them and their families...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AMEN

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think ALL the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq need our prayers and not just in Afghanistan. This is going to be very long and protracted affair with no end in sight.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will join in prayer with you all....Have been since the beginning.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If anybody has a chance in those mountains, its those guys. My thoughts are with them and their families...

Peter

Ich Dien

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Good News...

The BBC are reporting that at least on SF Trooper has been located alive and rescued. Lets all keep our fingers crossed for the other three which are still unaccounted for...

Peter

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steven30127
posted Hide Post
Our prayers are with those brave souls and their families.

Posts: 257 | Location: Aliso Viejo, California | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Godspeed and good luck.

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with them and all our service men and women protecting our freedoms!!!

D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately most international news services loose interest after about 48 hours. Short attention spans.

Has anyone been found yet? Alive or not?

It looks like Aussie troops are going back to Afghanistan again. They were withdrawn a year or so ago and the government is saying now, troops are going to be re-deployed back.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
They found one US Navy SEAL yesterday and he was sent to Germany, to the military hosspital. Very few details were given. I thought I heard a second one was found today, alive. The other two, as I understand it are KIA.

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 found alive
2 found dead
1 missing

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I would appreciate any accurate news on this situation.

The news over here said that in addition to the soldier already rescued, two more servicemen have now been confirmed KIA.

There is apparently confusion over the fourth soldier..It seems there were reports that villagers were caring for a wounded American at some remote spot in the mountains, but it could not be confirmed if this referred to the original soldier who had been rescued, or the fourth unaccounted for/missing person...

Regards,

Pete

one of us
Picture of Lynn D
posted Hide Post
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/07/05/afghan.missingseals/index.html

Bodies of 2 Navy SEALs found in Afghanistan
One member of American team remains missing
Tuesday, July 5, 2005; Posted: 11:18 a.m. EDT (15:18 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The bodies of two Navy SEALs have been found in Afghanistan a week after their four-man team went missing, the U.S. military said Tuesday.

One SEAL remains missing; another was rescued and is expected to make a full recovery, according to a statement from the U.S.-led Coalition Press Information Center. (Full story)

The two SEALs were found Monday during a combat search and rescue operation in Kunar province, the statement said. They were taken to a U.S. military hospital at Bagram Air Base, where they were pronounced dead.

The two bodies have not been identified, and the U.S. military has notified the families of all three missing SEALs.

The small reconnaissance team was heard from last when it called in for reinforcements June 28 near the Afghan-Pakistan border. The SEALs were participating in Operation Red Wing against insurgents in Kunar.

An American military helicopter crashed while bringing the reinforcements to the team, killing all 16 service members on board. (Full story)

It was the worst single-day death toll for U.S. forces since the Afghan war began almost four years ago. (Casualties identified)

The U.S. military says it believes insurgents shot down the MH-47 helicopter.

On Friday, the United States launched an airstrike on a compound that military officials described as a "known operating base for terrorist attacks."

The compound was sheltering insurgents connected to last week's chopper downing, military officials said.

Gov. Asadullah Wafa of Kunar province told news agencies that 17 civilians, including some women and children, were killed in the strike.

In a statement Monday, the Coalition Press Information Center said the number of civilians and "enemy terrorists" killed was unknown.

The statement said that a "medium-level terrorist leader" used the compound as a base and the airstrike was hastily ordered for fear the leader would leave the site.

"Certainly loss of innocent lives is something that anyone putting together an operation tries to avoid, so loss of innocent lives is something that our forces avoid," said Lt. Cindy Moore, a spokeswoman for U.S. forces in Afghanistan.

Moore also said it was common for "enemy forces" to move their families into areas where they are conducting operations, thus putting innocent civilians at risk.

Posts: 1187 | Location: Quebec, Canada | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I just saw a short piece on the news here that there was an "unconfirmed report" that the missing guy had walked out and was back safe in a military camp - but it was African news so I wouldn't like to bet on it's veracity....... let's hope it's true and he really did beat the clock.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank god we have people such as these "operators" that will hazard anything to ensure the saftey of others over their own personal interests.

Our prayers go out to them and their families.

For that matter anybody that has our country's best interest in mind and is doing something about it - God bless them all!

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Amen...

I just lost a buddy of mine in Afghanistan on Mother's Day - USMC Cpl Nick Kirvan. Heaven's streets has a new guard standing post.

Rest in peace my friend. We miss you.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately it only looks like one single SEAL team member will make it out alive. They found two of the team and one is still missing. But, no radio or emergency beacon data in the last 24 hours. Looking dim. This team represented a large chunk of the only 2000 ever men worthy of becoming SEALS. As Lobengula said over the corpses of the Shangani River Patrol.... "these were men among men."

Posts: 435 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote