Notify
Tools

NECG red fiberoptic front sight
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
FWIW,

Tried the red "fiber optic" front sight this morning from NECG. It is not really a fiber optic and doesn't "glow" as I expected. To me, really no better than the white bead.

Posts: 19316 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that report Will, you just saved me a little money!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What is it made out of?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

FWIW,

Tried the red "fiber optic" front sight this morning from NECG. It is not really a fiber optic and doesn't "glow" as I expected. To me, really no better than the white bead.

I have NECG fiber optic beads and rear sights and they are a world better than a white bead. They are so bright that they almost glow. Mine are at least as bright as archery fiber optics, but I have 20/20 eyesight. Maybe there is a cataract in your way...

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
I put one on my Ruger 77 416 Rigby, and it's great!-for me at least.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The one I used was a heck of a lot better than anything else that I've tried, although I still like Ivory beads real well...Maybe you got a used one! They do glow quite brite...

Then again when the eyes are as old and used up as yours it may be a problem...you could probably do better with a white diner plate for a bead.

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I have some of the glowing f/o sights on a shotgun. The NECG sight is nothing like that. I don't know, but I'm back to the white bead.

I was even using it in the bright sunshine. Or maybe I just thought the sun was shining.

Posts: 19316 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
It doesn't need to stand out as much in bright sun light. How is it at dusk or on a cloudy day?

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Will,

I have one of those red fiber optic beads and mine seems to glow...maybe a bad one or covered with front hood???
Will send you a photo of the Lott from the side..

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will,

You are not alone, I have one and mine dosen't glow either. I find myself wondering if the one I have was not polished enough. I went back to the white 3/32. I thought maybe it was just my eyes now I'm going to have a chat with Mark Cromwell and see what is going on. The rear see though they sell is much brighter.

HBH