Notify
Tools

Hunting Blog ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Informed Guests

Pardon my ignorance but with all this who ha going on around the world about bloggers and the likes ( the Dan Rather incident) jolted my memory on the subject.

My QUESTION is what is the differance between a blog and a forum on the net like AR /// can some kind informed (technocrat geek) explain the main or key differances, or are they essentially one in the same beast bewildered

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A blog is some B.S. written by one person, and a forum is B.S. written by a bunch of people.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
A blog is like a personal diary (although written for public consumption).

Short for Web log, a blog is a Web page that serves as a publicly accessible personal journal for an individual. Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

How is that different from what I said?

Confused

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Actually not wanting to play with semantics or whatever the word is ....

I think 500G is correct in that us AR geeks are just a number of bloggers combined together all using the same BIBLE or BLOG SITE but reading from different chapters within the BIBLE and commenting across the whole spectrum as opposed to a certain specific theme ..

We FORUM guests just tend to jump across topics more and not always post daily BUT essentially there aint a lot of differance it seems between the two, at least from what I am starting to learn about them ??

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
Terry,

How is that different from what I said?

Confused

Why the confused icon? I was answering Peter's question, not contradicting your reply.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
A blog is some B.S. written by one person, and a forum is B.S. written by a bunch of people.

Pithy. Very pithy! thumb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the key difference between our bs and that of a person's blog is that we sometimes discuss things.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote