New
Find
Notify
Tools

culling to save the lion
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
One of the best written pieces on this delicate subject.

read and share

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent !!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Good article.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 169 | Location: So Cal, ....USA | Registered: 25 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post. Very good article. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3351 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done! Unfortunately the social media idiots will never believe it.

NRA benefactor life member
SCI life member
DSC life member

Posts: 242 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 09 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Great article, I have already forwarded a few links!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Yes, an excellent article. It's a very complicated world out there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great article!!

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent article. My only question is the practicality of trans locating of lions. They are so territorial, wont the existing prides kill the new ones? If a new male is strong enough to take over a pride he will kill the cubs. Either way the lions die without benefit to the community. Just wondering. Relocating the lions sounds great, but will it work?

Bob

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
They would have to be transplanted into an area devoid of lions. Beitbridge Safari Area right down the road comes to mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36840 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good article that is balanced and well informed. Having sponsored WildCRU research in BVC I m pleased to see that the intricacies were reported by NG. I hope their man the photographer Joubert reads it. What do you think the chances are of him accepting some of the lions into his concession in Botswana are? None!