Find
Notify
Tools

Elephants etc
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted
Here are some pictures I thought you might enjoy. From the borderline walk. Mostly elephants but some other creatures as well. Even a full on honey badger charge!

Cheers, Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pics....the snake pic is cool & creepy Smiler

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice, are some of those along Lake Kariba?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Ou Jagter,

These were all taken along the shoreline, between Sengwa and Kariba. Just a few chosen from thousands! Very difficult to select the semi decent ones from the trash, of which there is plenty.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, I hunted out of Russ Brooms camp at the mouth of the Sengwa on the lake. That is why the area looked familar.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
I built that camp. Or the original one at least, in 1992.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the pics of the honey badger. That is one animal I have yet to see in Africa.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I like the honey badger in full charge! Great photos, David!

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
Great photos David!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
x3 on the charge photo, and nice work overall.

Thanks for the pictures.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Great pics, I like the buffalo herd one. Thanks for sharing.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
Great photos! I see a photo book of your walk coming along.

... and what a view from the toilet in the last picture

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Very nice pictures David!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Great pix. That flood plain around Kariba is a very neat place late in season. Met a good friend of yours in Mozambique by the name of Boet Van Aard.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding David! I have been following the walk through your posts on AR and the magazine article. The honey badger charge is great! Another animal on my list that I plan on collecting. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Great photos!
thanks

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Fantastic.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The pictures are beautiful....how I wish to return to Africa!!

The serpent was cool!

dale

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing those, more please!

How many have ever gotten a nice photo of a Honey Badger? I don't recall seeing very many photos of them at all.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
More --More More!!!
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Great photos. The snake would have kept me awake for a week!

It looks like a constrictor. I would like to know the species.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures.Thanks.

Posts: 40 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 29 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
UEG and everyone else - thanks for supporting the Borderline Walk, am just sorry I haven't been able to give you better updates and more pictures. I will in time, you can be assured of that. The next stage - Binga to Kariba - will be covered in the next issue of African Expedition magazine, and I'm sure there'll be a story in each issue for the next year or so. I will make a concerted effort towards the end of the year to give you guys an in-depth update with lots of pictures. Well, the walk has been on hold again the last couple of weeks, for various personal reasons that I won't go into right now. Both Jephita and I had to sort out some issues, but we are now ready to hit the road again. I have just been telling people here that we have made it to Kariba to avoid explanation and confusion, but the fact is that we have got no further than Changa Parks post in Matusadona, close to Spurwing island. Not far to Kariba now, but we are not there yet - still have the Sanyati and Nyaodza rivers to cross. We were forced to pull out at Changa, and at the time it was extremely frustrating. However, it is behind us now and we will be making our way back to Changa tomorrow. I am most excited about the Kariba to Kanyemba stage - more so than I am about any other stage. It is not a very long stage, but I have no doubt that it is going to be exciting. Anyway, I have been in the lowveld for a few days, sorting out my affairs and visiting my parents and the Whittall's. Guess who also visted the Whittall's when I was there? Yes, quite correct - Jimmy! What a bull he is now! It was quite cool because he hadn't been home for a month but arrived on the day I did. I'll post a few pictures of him now on a different thread.

Mark - Boet is indeed a good friend of mine, we have known each other for many years. When I was a teenager, he used to lend me his .22 to shoot various critters!

Jason - The snake is a small python, completely harmless though they do bite.

Thanks again guys, your support of our endeavors is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures Smiler And the honey badger - way cool!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

These photos are AWESOME!

I can not wait for the book!

We follow your progress at every chance, and loved your article in the African Expedition magazine!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Really cool pics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome Pics

Thanks for shareing

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas