THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Taxidermy/Trophy Prep Recommendation

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taxidermy/Trophy Prep Recommendation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Doing a hunt early part of June out of Cape Elizabeth, SA. Outfitter recommends using Taxidermy Africa, in Humansdorp for trophy prep.

Has anyone had experience with these folks? Good, bad, indifferent?

Thanks for any comments.

Dave Manson

Posts: 697 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
The Peacocks in Humansdorp did me just fine. It's near Port Elizabeth on the Eastern Cape and I had shield mounts plus flat skins done by Taxidermy Africa. Mike Rex did the shipping of finished trophies.

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Can not speak highly enough of the entire team at Taxidermy Africa.

First used them for Trophy prep only in 2009, have since had them mount trophies from the last three hunts, including my 'prize' of the trophy room my Replica tusks of my 55 pound Elephant tusks taken in 2011 ( live in Australia with a ban on Ivory )

Had them mount my Trophies from last year with the same attention to detail as usual. From the actual Taxidermy itself, the packaging and crating of finished product, and most importantly these days the paper work needed for import permits. This included samples of habitat used, copies of receipts to show that the habitat is artificial.

Very professional outfit, and best of all they don't seem to have the "eccentric artistic egos" that seem to effect a lot of Taxidermist's these dats Cool

Scott

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjb:
Can not speak highly enough of the entire team at Taxidermy Africa.

First used them for Trophy prep only in 2009, have since had them mount trophies from the last three hunts, including my 'prize' of the trophy room my Replica tusks of my 55 pound Elephant tusks taken in 2011 ( live in Australia with a ban on Ivory )

Had them mount my Trophies from last year with the same attention to detail as usual. From the actual Taxidermy itself, the packaging and crating of finished product, and most importantly these days the paper work needed for import permits. This included samples of habitat used, copies of receipts to show that the habitat is artificial.

Very professional outfit, and best of all they don't seem to have the "eccentric artistic egos" that seem to effect a lot of Taxidermist's these days Cool

Scott

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sjb and BNagel:

Thanks for your input--that's one less thing to concern our party.

Regards,

Dave Manson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave.

While you're at it, ask them how much for a pedestal mount of Mike Norris and a bag of Fudge... sofa

Regards.

Ratty.

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thought that might be you, you old dog. How are you getting by? Mike called the other day whilst on his way to Scotland for gun inspections.

Dave

btw, I don't think the taxidermists would touch him--too many bristles and of an unknown species.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave.

Firstly, apologies for the hijack (couldn't resist)

I'm about as sane as a chap can be with pal's like Mike, I suppose it's karma....

Still trying to build a budget for my next Africa trip and sorting a heavy load for that 7x57 Imp we built (it's amazing with 140BT's).

Give my kindest regards to Dara and all the crew back in the workshop.

All the best.

Ratty.

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will do, my friend.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.dipandpack.com
Trophy Solutions Africa

I just received my shipment from last seasons safari and it is PERFECT! They are fast and communication was great. My taxidermist who sees a lot of African animals said he has never seen the contents of a crate in such wonderful condition. It was my first time to use them but they came highly recommended and I can assure you it will not be my last.

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your input, BigDeer.

Dave Manson