Find
Notify
Tools

Monkey Business
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted
Some, pics that you might droool over especially those of you who are so fond of throwing high speed lead at them clap

Are you looking at me punk ???

Mom, mom I just saw an ugly man thing !

I dindt literally mean that you had to yank my chain, Duh !

Do you always have to be the copy cat, sit like me eat like me and even look like me!

Am, I good looking or what ?

Yes, baboons can get serious too.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I can just picture the big baboons in the cross hairs of my .300 WSM now as I am squeeeeeezing ever so sloooooowly the trigger. . . .The only regret that I have from my last trip in July was not shooting another huge big male sitting at the side of the road as we drove out of the reserve on our way back to Jo'burg.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Great photos - and captions too. Big Grin

UEG, just be sure you don't line up on any of my not-too-distant cousins. That's why I can't bear to shoot baboons. Too much family resemblance!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13618 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Once you get the taste for shooting those African devils it really gets to be an obsession. The three that I shot this year were all beating up the weak and less fortunate, and wreaking general havoc on all of the others, showing off their penchant for terror until. . . . Hey, ask Ann or one of our other resident baboon snipers just how much FUN it is! But only you can be the judge on just how close they appear to be relatives of all of us. Here's some photos to consider:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
THAT IS OUTSTANDING !!

I don't think it does any good for the survival of the fittest. I mean let's face it they've been behaving this way since before we could read. We're likely doing the species harm by killing the meanest bastards in the troop. But so what! I'd stand in line to shoot the sons a bitches! I must have a little of the African's sense of humor in me because every time I see a picture of one of these furry tyrants shot to death it cracks me up. I mean laugh out loud!

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote