Find
Notify
Tools

Coppersmith Inc.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen:
I know some of you have used Coppersmith Inc.as your customs agent. Are they a quality operation? Any problems ?

Thank you

Paul K

Take Trophies - Leave Brass

Posts: 756 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Paul,

I've used them twice without any problems. They notified me when trophies arrived into the U.S., when cleared through customs, and when they were on the way to my home so I felt they gave me good service. The entire time from arrival of the trophies in Port Elizabeth to the shipper to my home was 3 or 4 weeks.

Best,

jpj3

Posts: 141 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 05 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
I used them to clear mine and my fathers trophies from Namibia in 2010. No problems what so ever, very helpful and kept me informed. They helped me negotiate a somewhat lower rate with the shipper as well.
That said, I will probably clear the trophies next time myself.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Game Hunter
posted Hide Post
I have used Coppersmith for all of my over seas trips. They are quick and professional and very helpful at answering any questions you may have.

Keith O'Neal
Trophy Collectors Consultants
Po Box 3908
Oxford, AL. 36203
256-310-4424
TCChunts@gmail.com

All of your desires can be found on the other side of your fears.

Posts: 490 | Location: Oxford, AL. | Registered: 24 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
I use the one in Chicago. They are the best.

No problems at all.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I switched to Coppersmith at the request of my taxidermist, after several problems with others. Great service.

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
When I was exporting trophies here in Zambia they provided excellent service. A big thumbs up.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there great,
i called them told them what was coming and from where they took care of everything no problems at all. they keep me up to date on where my stuff was and when it was going to cler customs.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I used them in ATL from 1996 through 2010 for multiple African safaris as well as the South Pacific and Europe. Not a single issue. None.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used them in Dallas since 2004 for both Africa and South America. Had a problem once with a shipment (not the fault of Coppersmith) and they were the only ones who helped me straighten it up.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Same here. Excellent service.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used them a number of times. Good service, good communication. I would happily use them again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used the Dallas office twice with excellent results. I moved further south, so I tried the Houston office - and they SUCKED. Used Well Worldwide this last time with good results.

One of Us
Picture of SC-Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They saved me some big headaches in 2007. My trophies were shipped back in crates that did not have the IPPC stamp on them and were going to be returned to Africa. Coppersmith handled getting them recrated on the spot, obviously at no expense to me, and got everything worked out quite quickly. Being a first-timer, without their help, I would not have had any idea how to handle the issue. They were also very response to the various other questions I asked of them as we worked to get my trophies back home.

Posts: 100 | Location: Clover, SC | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geentlemen:
Thank you very much for the input. I have used two others in the past,one was poor the other was very good, but now is out of business. I feel a lot more comfortable now that i have your input.Thank you all. The older i get ,the more untrusting and or paranoid i get, i am not sure which one. Smiler

Paul K

Take Trophies - Leave Brass

Posts: 756 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Used them to get my tusks here. Came thru Dallas and on to my home with absolutely no problems. Have never had anymore trophies shipped. Got a Zebra skin but it was sent thru the mail as a gift from my PH and recieved one other Zebra again as a gift enclosed with a friends trophies.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Coppersmith (Dallas) has been great four times for my family. Even with personnel changes there.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Used them twice and had problems both times. Switched over to Fauna and Flora upon the advice of another AR member.

One of Us
Picture of Stealth
posted Hide Post
Used the Atlanta office to clear trophies twice, in 2007 and again in 2009. There was a paperwork problem originating with the shipper in Namibia in 2009. Coppersmith worked with USF&W to get it resolved so the trophies could be released to us.

Very pleased with their service and will use them in the future.

"Personal is not the same as important", Corporal Carrot, Men at Arms

Posts: 144 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
I have used them in Dallas and the service was excellent.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used them as well as Well Worldwide with minor problems, but now clear my own trophies.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote