New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel Agent
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any recommendations? I've contacted a few people I know visit this site but no reponse yet and I'm getting a bit antsy to get something confirmed. Thanks

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Do a search on Kathi who posts here. She's very experienced in dealing with hunters travelling to Africa and is ALWAYS on the ball..........

one of us
posted Hide Post
I recomend Kathi at Wild Travel. She is a member here and has been excellent in stting up and changing things for me. Including rearanging my schedule while I was in country so that I could stick around to hunt another elephant last year.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
......and other vote for Kathi!! She is great to work with. She hunts and knows hunters.

Bob

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SC-Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Kathi from me... I've buffooned around trying to get my flights just right and she's changed them for me again and again without complaint.

Posts: 100 | Location: Clover, SC | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elaine Porteous at African Odyssey Travel
866 486 9351

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Shawn at Gracey Travel. Great to deal with and not too misfortunate looking (if you ever meet face-to-face). She did my trip to Zim in 05 and it went off without a hitch.

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Kathi, and she is a hunter. I would rather support a fellow hunter that will go the extra mile to help you than some of the other tree huggers mentioned. Sorry about that latter comment, the devil made me do it.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Msichana
posted Hide Post
Steve Turner at Gracy Travel (1-800-299-8558 or Steve@Gracytravel.com) is also very good. He will try to get everything you ask for at the best price he can.

Posts: 122 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 20 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I also highly recommend Kathi. She has been a great help to us over the past several years.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13619 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had great experience with Susan Hill at Gracey Travel.

She was able to get a hunting buddy and I a great deal on a upgrade to business class going to Zambia this July.

Leaving July 17,

H KITTLE

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KATHI! Damn it!

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Here is Kathi's phone number, the best way to quickly get things setup: (708) 425-3552

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Phone Kathi at 708-425-3552. As mentioned, she is a hunter and many of the other agencies are not staffed with hunters.

I also think you will find Kathi to be lower in cost than Gracey.

~Ann

Posts: 19550 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
And the winner is Kathi by a landslide!!!!!

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Kathi seems nice, but I haven't used her.

I have been using Gracy Travel since '95, and they are outstanding. They provide excellent travel packages for African hunts, and they are great at fixing things when a wheel comes off. I also recommend them to clients.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi is the one

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never used Kathi but her reputation here is stellar. I have been using Gracey Travel and dealing with Steve. He is extremely effecient and knows his stuff. He has been great to work with.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shawn Brigance at Gracy Travel. She took care of my arrangements to Zim in 2003 and 2005. Great job and great trips.
Doug

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Shawn at Gracy Travel has handled all of my 5 trips to Africa and I have never had a problem. In fact, she looked after some things that I had not thought of.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Kathi made my arrangements. A fine job and very pleasant to deal with

highly recommend.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Dear AR Guests ...

This is direct from my Company Profile pdf document and offers you a wide selection choice for consideration ... They are ALL superb

Some (Travel Agents) to consider ex: North America to JNB (Johannesburg)

Gracy Travel San Antonio TX --- Webpage Link

Travel Studio Toronto ----------- Webpage Link

Premier Tours PA ----------------- Webpage Link

Kathi Klimes --------------- kathi@wildtravel.net

Take care

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've also used Kathi and was quite happy with her. She seems to be the most popular here followed by Gracy. I don't think that you can go wroug with either, although I'll be calling Kathi for next year.

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
I would recommend you do a search and you will find a lot of information on various travel agents, good and bad.

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Kathi. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Linda Schrader (used to be Linda Carroll)
Falcon Travel, Inc
3030 Orchard Hill
San Antonio, TX 78230
Tel: 210.479.9895
Fax: 210.492.9486
lacarroll@earthlink.net

She will take care of you start to finish and has sent many to the the dark continent. Highly recommend her.

Lane Easter
ledvm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37783 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used Elaine Porteous at African Odyssey for three trips. She has been very helpful when SA Air screwed with flights, and patient with me with changes.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both times I went to Africa in the 90's I used Custom Travel. They were usually the lowest fares but that was before the internet became so popular.

They usually have a small ad in the SCI "newspaper".

http://www.customtravelafrica.com/

Gacey back then had a bad habit of booking a spot for you on SAA even if you just made an inquiry. If you went with someone else, you had to call Gacey back to remove their hold because you couldn't be double booked on the same flight. They tried to pump me for info i.e. prices I paid but I wasn't playing.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
Why not do it yourself? I have used agents over the years, and invariably they do a good job for a while, but somehow they always seem to screw stuff up eventually.

Like a lot of people these days, I have traveled extensively for work and vacations--something like 70+ times to Europe, Africa 13 times, etc. and have nearly 2 million miles on my FF accounts.

Many of my associates travel as much and NO ONE uses an agent. I suppose they are good for the occassional traveler, but I think they are totally unnecessary- they make mistakes, slow things down, etc.

I tried to use Kathi for a slightly complicated trip, multiple emails, three phone calls, and she just wan't paying attention or was too busy, but she never got it right, so I just gave up. She also struck my as somewhat of a "know it all" who was telling me things that I knew, for a fact, were incorrect.

I then called Shawn at Gracy three times in a week's period, and never got a return call.

With the internet you don't need them, And for those who travel certain routes often, you willknow as much or more than the agent.

Some may not agree, but this has been my experience.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used kathi as well as one of the others mentioned here and all in all I prefer dealing with kathi klimes. No agent is God and some mishaps are beyond repair by anyone: for example; last month my united flight from Dallas to Dulles was cancelled. causing me to miss my scheduled saa flight; the next day my rescheduled saa flight was cancelled until the next morning. So, for two days I sat around in Washington. Kathi did what she could, but , no one can prevent two separate planes owned by two separate airlines to
develop mechanical problems on the same trip.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote