Find
Notify
Tools

Some clients just stand out
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
I've been very lucky over the years to hunt with many extraordinary people. I've had clients who are ordinary working Joes, a few members of the aristocracy, the occasional famous face and/or VIP and everything in between...... but just occasionally I come across someone who just stands out from the rest. I recently hunted with a man who was never to tired to go on, never gave up (one day we hunted for 20 hours straight!) and he never ever lost the smile on his face..... he's a practical joker of immense proportions and next time I hunt with him I'll be sure to sew up all my pockets and take a whole bag of my own exploding cigars and rubber snakes etc. Smiler - I couldn't even take a leak in the bush without having a shower of Buffalo shit raining down on me. This fabulous outlook on life was repaid in spades with some wonderful trophies - some taken in very unusual circumstances.... He hunted a whole 21 days like this.........so Bruce, if you read this, and I'm fairly sure you will. Thanks for making it such a memorable safari and look out next year!!! .... cos I'm gonna get you back! Wink

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve

That story is what makes hunting and people so interesting and creates frienships for life, and then the hard times we might experience become distant memories

Take care

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
How do you know it was buffalo's?

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Probably was slightly salty!!

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote