Find
Notify
Tools

Mozambique question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
Has anyone ever heard of Coutada Messalo or Umlilo Safaris in the east Cape?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Assume you saw the ad on the AH forum for the lion and leopard hunt? That one caught my eye, too. They advertise quite a bit on that forum and there are some hunt reports there, but you probably already know that. I don't have any first hand knowledge with them, but will be curious what you find out.

NRA benefactor life member
SCI life member
DSC life member

Posts: 242 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 09 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Coutada Messalo lies just outside of the reserve Blocks proper to the southeast. I do not know which Mozambique operator currently holds the area.

Posts: 1915 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Driven across the Reo Messalo many time to and from Nyassa.
Would be ok for Leopard, Lion and other PG like Eland and Sable but not the quality of the Niassa blocks proper.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
I did a cull Hunt a few years ago with Umlilo safaris. We can talk if you want more info.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spent 17 days with Umlilo this year and have nothing but good things to say. They worked really hard to make my hunt successful - and it was!

PM if you'd like more details...