THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    PH Rusty Labuschagne (Zim) info please

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PH Rusty Labuschagne (Zim) info please
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted
I have a friend here in Texas who is trying to find out about this PH, Rusty Labuschagne. Any help would be nice. I found in the archives here that he was on trial for some murder some time back. Thanks for the help.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...he is, in fact, in jail. He was sentenced to 12yrs for "murder".
Curious, the individual he was to have murdered was seen alive in Binga several months ago! Speculation the trial was rigged just to have the oportunity to get his concession(s) ??
This info came from a couple of Zim PH's while I was in country Mar-Apr this year.

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Yes, Rusty is in jail and there is much speculation and controversy surrounding the allegations and 'case'. It is an absolute crying shame - as well as being a fine man, he is one of the modern day hunting greats. However, Rusty is a very strong man, mentally and physically, and if anyone can get through this ordeal, he will. In fact, I have had reports from a few guys who have been to see him, and those reports suggest he is now stronger than ever before. There are others who know more than I, but this is what I know. Many of us pray for Rusty's early release.

Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty's Partner. Acting Chief Justice Paradzai ruled against the government on the issue of the land grab. Rusty's jail sentance is the result.

An interesting legal case which South African lawyers and Judicary are awaiting then end here so they can get their teeth into the political judge who convicted a man whith no body and no known name of the alledged deceased. By Rusty's own statement- he hit the "deceaced" poacher hard and he went over the side of the boat and disapeared. He may have made it to shore or may have drowned. Since he was a Zambian poacher - who knows?

His Bother in Law - Charlie Campbel and Spike Clarson are running the company.

Rusty was a large strong lad when we were at School. He got bigger. In an "open" prison where family are allowed to provide supplimentary food he is adequately fed and molding 10,000 bricks a day has added more muscle than I would have believed possible. I saw him Briefly when he was up in harare as a witness in another court casse about a year ago and he looked remarkably well

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Haven't there been multiple sightings of the "dead" poacher since the supposed murder?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote