New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fly to Buffalo Range?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody ever flown directly to Buffalo Range, Zimbabwe? Are there scheduled flights, or is it a a charter-only deal? How much Dinero?

Looks like next time I go on safari, there will be three couples headed for the Save Conservancy, and I don't really relish that five-hour drive from Bulawayo again.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Hey Leon!

Going back to the Save? Good for you, not sure what I'm dong next year yet, need to talk with Barry in Reno, not going in 2006 heading to New Zealand in May.

I'm pretty sure it's charter only to BR

If you want to email someone about a flight, the safari company I went with has planes and could help you out.

email Barry or Rob at Buffalo Range Safaris,I think Rob was at dinner when you were there.

email address: buffalo@africaonline.co.zw

Let me know how you make out, talk again soon!!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron,

I figured that if anybody had flown to Buffalo Range it would be you, seeing as how you hunt, literally, right at the end of the runway!

Have not yet scheduled the next trip yet, but it more than likely be 2007. I'm ready, but trying to coordinate with the rest of my party is a nightmare. We are planning to book in Dallas (Reno is a conflict this year).

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Air Zim did fly to Buffalo Range from Harare. It has been several years since I have been to Buffalo Range so I would check the Air Zim flights.

Posts: 156 | Location: Gray, Tennessee | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
I have hunted twice with Barry. A charter is the most reliable way to get there. Commercial flights into the area can be hit or miss.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pass on the air zim conection. There is a semi charter flight once a week.

If some bright travel agent can put it together fly direct from jo'berg to buffalo range. It is halfway from Joberg to harare, and there are imigration and a policeman doubling as customs on duty there as well.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote