THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Article about College kid I sent to Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Article about College kid I sent to Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.thomasaquinas.edu/...nQQvUH4Y807csSU8VCTI

I am in the process of setting up a non-profit to fund these trips in the future. I will keep everyone posted as some of you may want to make a tax-deductible contribution to the cause or perhaps sponsor a good candidate of your own.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir, outstanding article by a young man that really gets the essence of Africa. Thanks so much for doing what you do. You have truly changed a life.

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a great article. Good on you for setting this up! Good on him for seizing a great opportunity!

Posts: 436 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice one Mike. Sounds like a fine young person to grant that experience of some worldly reality to. I feel the same about my expisure to Africa. We in the West need to be a little more humble, less righteous and amend our views on many levels.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2026 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great article and cause. Thank you for sharing it and for making this reality possible for someone new to Africa.

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done, Mike!

Posts: 1795 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Wish some more of the known figures in hunting world would do some kinda hunting programs for kids in schools kinda like college grants
This would be great
Absolute fantastic GC for you to do this
Don’t hesitate to hit us for contributions

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
A couple of brilliant observations by this young man...

quote:
And I have not yet mentioned the most common African characteristic: laughter and generous hospitality. Of all the people I have met, Mozambicans seem to be the happiest, despite their general poverty. I never heard them complain; the only feeling that I got from them was gratitude for their jobs and the few things they owned.

quote:
As an American, I have the opportunity..... to self-govern

quote:
They are more content with their life situation than most Americans are. To be a better steward of our freedom means not to abuse it. True freedom dictates a certain way of life, and it affirms that there are certain truths that we ought to conform ourselves to.

If he walked away with the above truly realized, you have better informed this young man than 99% of Americans and even his children will never be the same.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What an awesome experience!! Thank you for doing this.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Gracias! Well done! tu2