THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Petersen's Hunting and Boddington...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Petersen's Hunting and Boddington...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
...but not Craig! I viewed an episode of Petersen's Hunting last night which dealt with a hunt for Peruvian mountain whitetails. The hunter was Brittany Boddington. Craig was not visible (maybe not present...I don't know) but provided a voiceover/narration.

What a pleasant surprise! I have only seen photos of her in the past, and have read the account here on AR of her unfortunate shooting of a tracker while attempting to save him from an attacking leopard. Frankly, I expected her to be another ditzy, vapid "huntress" cast from the same mold as several well-known female hunting show personalities (trying to be tactful and polite here). Nope...she was articulate, likeable, believable...while watching the show I was almost able to forget that she was beautiful as well! I enjoyed the show thoroughly.

I've always liked CB's writings and his TV appearances...certainly don't feel the need to cross-examine his personal life and finances, or to alert the world every time he farts in public or gets a parking ticket. While Selous, Taylor, Capstick and many others fueled my desire to hunt Africa, it was CB who actually kicked me in the butt and made me go. Nice to see his daughter showing that she can go into the field and do him proud, rather than being an embarrassment.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1!!!

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Right on JWM
Also the before mentioned guys had their own run ins with the law plus stuff they did we don't even wanna know about.
Everyone of us has plenty of skeletons in our closets.
In my generation, CB was the most influential when it came to Africa. Rest of the other " celebrities " came way after with Hunting channels coming to every regular Joe's living room.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw the show as well. I liked it. Couldn't believe the altitude .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
...but not Craig! I viewed an episode of Petersen's Hunting last night which dealt with a hunt for Peruvian mountain whitetails. The hunter was Brittany Boddington. Craig was not visible (maybe not present...I don't know) but provided a voiceover/narration.

What a pleasant surprise! I have only seen photos of her in the past, and have read the account here on AR of her unfortunate shooting of a tracker while attempting to save him from an attacking leopard. Frankly, I expected her to be another ditzy, vapid "huntress" cast from the same mold as several well-known female hunting show personalities (trying to be tactful and polite here). Nope...she was articulate, likeable, believable...while watching the show I was almost able to forget that she was beautiful as well! I enjoyed the show thoroughly.

I've always liked CB's writings and his TV appearances...certainly don't feel the need to cross-examine his personal life and finances, or to alert the world every time he farts in public or gets a parking ticket. While Selous, Taylor, Capstick and many others fueled my desire to hunt Africa, it was CB who actually kicked me in the butt and made me go. Nice to see his daughter showing that she can go into the field and do him proud, rather than being an embarrassment.

The above post is one of the most balanced, and fair one I've seen on the internet with CB's name mentioned it the text!

................................................................... tu2 patriot

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cessna
posted Hide Post
I know CB's writings and DVD's through the years have helped elevate my hunting
to a new level. What happens in his personal life is none of my business. In
his professional life, I thank him for the help he's given me. I've made some
wrong turns in life myself, but I would like to think folks thought well of me
in business and not only in my personal life. Thank you Craig.

Posts: 430 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with the above post. I, too, was most inspired by Craig when planning my first African hunt. Also, I had the privilege of hunting with jwm this past September, and I must say I truly & thoroughly enjoyed that experience. Well said jwm, and thanks for such a wonderful time this past fall. You made the gathering a joy for me & Joyce.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
The hunter was Brittany Boddington....

.... I have only seen photos of her in the past, and have read the account here on AR of her unfortunate shooting of a tracker while attempting to save him from an attacking leopard.

???

Firstly;
-Brittany Boddington had no idea at all that the tracker [Punki] was being attacked by a wounded leopard.
-She had no idea that Punki was under the leopard,
-In fact she had no idea at all where Punki was when she fired at the Leopard.[She prematurely assumed Punki had already run away to 'somewhere']

Consequently, BB never fired her rifle with the intent of saving a tracker[Punki] from the Leopard.
She did fire her rifle in part view of a Leopard that had already been wounded by another person in the group.

The person[Nic] who first shot the Leopard, had seen the trackers drop down into the long grass.
BB then stepped out from behind that person[after he had hit the Leopard], and fired her rifle without
having the same situational awareness of where the trackers were in proximity to the Leopard.

Brittany Boddingtons own written account of the incident, pretty much confirms what I have posted.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
donttroll Put Trax on your ignore list; many of us have. He has never been to africa and has no concept of what hunting african DG is like, but he likes to stir

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lion Hunter, ...If I was on your 'ignore list' how were you then able to read my post?... rotflmo

Seriously,..One is a troll for enlightening people to BB own personal version of events rather than that of disillusioned
[or innocently misinformed] celebrity hunter worshippers??.............how hilarious!
- If people don't believe Brittany Boddingtons own written account,..then who's will they believe?

I guess its like the Stu Taylor saga,...people immaturely making up false stories to discredit him.
In the case of a Boddington, its the bizarre opposite! -people create erroneous fantasy versions to give a Boddington false credit.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trax, that wide-eyed, clueless little goof in the picture that forms part of your signature...is that you? Funny...from many of your past postings I thought that you would be taller, and your horse would be higher.

Why do you assume that Lionhunter read your post? I have had one AR member on ignore for awhile. Sadly, when he posts I receive email notification of that fact, along with a copy of the post itself. Maybe Lionhunter suffers the same unpleasant inconvenience. If not, he still sees an "ignored post by..." message here in the thread. He doesn't need to read the actual post. His general comment simply shows that he recognizes the quality of the mystery message...the jist, if not the detail.

I apologize for any inaccuracies in my post. I was merely referencing the incident to identify it, and I'm certain that my one-line description achieved that goal. I wasn't actually there, and since you obviously were, I can see how it might offend your highly-developed sensibilities and force you to explain and correct it, at considerable length. If I had known you would be reading it, I would have tried to include a few more spelling and grammatical errors...just think, another chance to point out that someone is wrong, and that YOU are correct again...as always. To paraphrase your brilliant dissertation: If people won't believe YOUR opinion..."then who's will they believe?"

Frank, thanks. The pleasure was all mine. This year again, hopefully. It turns out my wife and I love antelope meat!

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't mind Trax too much. He is just a loser nobody who has not traveled much past his mailbox in his lifetime.

Since he can never rise, even to mediocrity himself; his only recourse to gain any attention is to try and drag others down to his pathetic level.

He'd have to stand on his mother's shoulders to reach tall enough to kiss CB's ass.

Rich
a fan of both Boddington's.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
donttroll Put Trax on your ignore list; many of us have. He has never been to africa and has no concept of what hunting african DG is like, but he likes to stir

best move i have made in a while. tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trax, your an asshole and now on ignore.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
The only problem with putting Trax on ignore is after awhile, you forget how insignificant he is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

+1 beer

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Everyone has the right to their opinion, but we all know that under stressful situations, everybody will make mistake.
But even mistake sometimes looks like the right move in the end if everything turns right, simply because you only react at the seconds notice.
In nutshell - wrong move and you can look like genius and right move and everyone says you screwed up.
Results can be deceiving

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote