New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlon Beyer/Namibia taxidermist
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm posting this for a late friend's widow.
Does anyone have knowledge of a taxidermist in Namibia named Marlon Beyer? Is he still in business? My pal left 5 animals with him 2 yrs ago for shoulder mounts/shipping. He has passed away an his widow has not had word about his trophies or requests for money for the work or shipping. She tells me he was required to leave no deposit with Beyer when his animals were picked up at the safari camp (but whom knows if he did..(know my bride has no idea what I spend on a trip, if she did she'd drop an egg!).
I tried emails and 3 phone calls for her so far. She would like her late husbands trophies at her house because she bought him the trip as a retirement gift.
If anyone can help with imfo on Marlon beyer i'd appreciate it. thanks Wyn

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wyn,

I used him about a year ago and couldn't have been more happy. He got my trophies completed and delivered in about 4-5 months and was always responsive to my inquiries. I'll be interested to see how this shakes out as I have recommended him to a couple folks here and elsewhere and will want to make sure there are no major issues.

K

Posts: 211 | Location: West of the Big Muddy | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kernel: I cetainly do not mean to imply any problem exists with Mr. Beyer or the quality of his work.
All I am asking is does anyone know how to contact him other than his email address and phone numbers that I've had no luck with to date. A woman from the church I attend asked me if I knew how to get trophies back from a safari. Then related the fore mentioned tale. I said I'd have a go at it to get what information I could for her. I have a email in to the safari company her late husband used...a game farm not far from Windhoek, waiting on that reply. Wyn

one of us
posted Hide Post
The contact info I have is: mbeyer@iway.na (phone: 264-67-302763).

Posts: 211 | Location: West of the Big Muddy | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you, same as mine (imfo)

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Question about phone/fax to Namibia. I'm having trouble getting a fax to my Taxidermist in Namibia.
His last fax to me shows 00264, but the letter says +264, What is the + for?
I've faxed them before, but I forgot the proper numbers!
Maybe Namibia has a phone line problem?

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Dial 011, then the 264....

011 is for international long distance, 264 is the country code for Namibia.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
If necessary I'll be there on 22 of June and even if I'm not sure that the suggested (by a good friend) taxidemist is Marlon Beyer I can spend some time to go to Marlon Beyer enterprise and bring your message. Make me know.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve: thank you for your offer, imfo I have follows; Norman Brinks, 787 South Maple Street, Nazareth, Pa hunt dates ended 7/24/2003 he hunted with Onganju (sp?) Game Farm near Windhoek
his animals in cluded a Hartman's zebra, springbuck, oryx (gemsbok), red hartebeast, and warthog his picture has 13" written on the back of it and the w'hog looks large so it could be.
any help would be greatly appreciated...she's a nice lady . Wyn

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Matt:
Thanks!

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wynwood,
I'll bring with me your info. I hope to have some good news at my return on 11 of July.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wynwood,

They never had anything, by any outfitter or ph or anyone else, for Norman Brinks.

They have been very kind and looked in any register bt the name did not appear.

I think that the search should be started from the game farm, it seems that they did not sent the trophies to M.B.

Try to have the right name and contact them first.
The phone number should be of Otjivarongo district.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil