Notify
Tools

CITES Quotas for Various Countires
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted
Folks,

Can anyone point me to a link that gives CITES quotas for sport hunted game in various countries?

I did a search and wasn't able to find anything that listed the quotas. Only documents talking about various countires and NGOs proposals change existing quotas.

Thanks!

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Thanks!! Just what I was looking for.

--------

www.zonedar.com

DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If CITIES allows 40 pair of tusks per year from Mozambique for quota will they be allowed into the US? If not, why does the US not allow importation. What is the current trophy fee for elephant in Moz?

Dutch

Just sittin' in the gutter sluggin' rats, Ma.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I understand the issue with importing Moz tusks into the US has to do with US Fish and Wildlife, their review of data they require to allow it and I believe it is they who are behind not Mozambique or any of her departments or data needed form Moz outfiters. It's in the works but the delay is on our side. This is what I heard or read so please if anyone can confirm.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dutch I don’t know what reason USFW uses however I might not agree with the particular reason but I can think of plenty valid reason why Mozambique is not permitted to ship to the US. Mozambique just haven got the intended message yet!

Government License fee for Elephant are 120 000.00 MTN or just under 5000$ Trophy fee for Legal Elephants starts at about 10 000$. And there a no tusk less or PAC Elephants legally for sale in Mozambique!

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
CITES also allows the taking of Cheetah in Namibia and Zim (I think). U.S. FWS doesn't allow importation of those either.

--------

www.zonedar.com

DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CITES also allows the taking of Brown Heyna in Namibia, which I did!! This was only after checking with the bastards at our USFWS twice before going to Namibia and getting their blessing on "no problems to import the Brown Hyena back into the US", only after returning to find out from the same people, it WOULD NOT be allowed. Anyone know if a lawsuit against these idiots would be possible for this type of misinformation? What a bunch of f$$k ups this Department is!!

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote