Find
Notify
Tools

Buffaloes and Lions in Kruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted
I returned today from a short 2 day trip to my favorite place in the world -- Kruger. I took the family mainly to relax and have some quality family time together over Easter. We did very little game viewing but were rewarded handsomely , as always. Here are a few pictures we took .

We found this guy , fast asleep against a tree.

This Beautiful Bull Buffalo just outside camp

This old Boy put the Dagga back in Dagga Boy. Note the lines that the branches have cut through the wet mud ( Dagga )

These 2 Lions killed themselves and old warrior

and then a 3rd joined them ! Actually there were 4 Lions. One can just see the 4th front feet in the top of the picture hiding in the bushes

and then driving away to camp , feeling very honored to have seen 4 male lion on a Buffalo kill , we found these 3 young males maybe 7 miles away.

Even after a life time of memories , Kruger never ceases to amaze me. Not only the fantastic game viewing but the sheer beauty and diverse nature of the place.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A great experience and some equally nice pictures. Thanks

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've stayed at Jock Safari Lodge and at Sabi Sabi in/at Krueger.
What a fantastic experience!

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Paradise. Thanks for sharing those Jan.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9946 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pics! Thanks.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good pics. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a good time. Bruce

Posts: 376 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lovely pics

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jan. Nice pictures there!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jan,

I am counting down to July.

Getting out of the desert for a bit and taking my daughter to the Kruger for a couple of days.

This time we will be spending our time between Phalaborwa and Lethaba with the final day going south to exit at Kruger Gate.

Your photos just make the count down a bit more slower ... lol

Thanks for sharing.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since many years I'm guiding in Kruger National Park, have been there a week ago, go again this Friday. Unfortunately it's not always fun - due to certain clients.

During my last visit, one hour after entering a gate in the South, we came across some cars standing in the road. I asked an excited lady "What is it, what can you see?" "A leopard!" she replied. Wow, after an hour in the park and in the early afternoon a leopard. Incredible. One of the clients said "Please carry on, I don't want to see so many cars." What an idiot. We drove past without having seen the leopard…

Two days later we found three lionesses resting in the shade under some bushes next to the road. One brief look "Carry on, it's too hot"…

http://www.kapstadt.de/schindlers-africa

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A special place for sure!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
Those are great! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote