Notify
Tools

TAA this week!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted
"Beau Knows Big Stuff Pt. 1"

Kudu bull on day 2 and Leopard on day 4. More to follow.

Beau is my SIL and The BLB here on AR. This was his 3rd safari, all of which have been for DG. He used a B&M458 rifle, stocked by AI and shooting CEB 420gr Safari Raptors and a 450gr #13 Solid on Hippo.

Exceptional shooting with all DG taken as one shot kills, even though he repeatedly suffered from scope bite due to a scope mounted too far to the rear for shooting off sticks, which always encourages stock creep.

Enjoy the fine camerawork of Renz Palermo filming for Dave Fulson/Tim Danklef's Safari Classics. PH is Mark Valero, a great cat man, hunting with Chifuti Safaris.

Well done Beau! We'll get your Rhino this August to complete your Big 5/Dangerous 7 before you turn 40!

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big 5 before 40. Living the dream it seems....

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
This was another great episode, just like the one last week. I wish the background music was a bit softer or had more of an African theme. Am I the only one who finds it a bit distracting? This is a nit - again, I thought the episode was very well done, just like "Buffalo Fully Loaded".

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
This was another great episode, just like the one last week. I wish the background music was a bit softer or had more of an African theme. Am I the only one who finds it a bit distracting? This is a nit - again, I thought the episode was very well done, just like "Buffalo Fully Loaded".

Dave - I couldn't agree more. The background music makes it very difficult to even understand the spoken words of Beau and Mark. I have raised this issue with Safari Classics in the past, as it is the same on the DVDs of our safaris - to no avail. I don't understand what the mixing problem is? Perhaps Dave Fulson has an answer?

BTW, will you be at SCI on Wed/Thur? I still owe you an adult beverage and look forward to buying.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
MIke- I get in to Las Vegas Thursday evening and will be attending the show Friday and Saturday as well as attending the Life Member breakfast - how about you? We can buy each other a drink - I will have my "whiskey box" with me!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Dave-

Looks like we will miss each other, damn! I arrive Tuesday afternoon and am scheduled to depart Thursday evening. That could change however.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Top show for sure Dave
You should be very proud and grinning

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The BLB
posted Hide Post
Mike, thanks for posting this.

...I've been extremely fortunate to have Mike as a guide/coach/safari partner. I've had a helluva time exploring Africa with him.

"Living the dream" is having an understanding wife allowing me to follow selfish hobbies for weeks on end while away from family.

Dave, thanks for producing a great TV series and thanks Mark for making it happen. I thought I tipped Renz enough for him to "lose" the white man shuffle dance at the end. I guess not.

Beau

Posts: 79 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Good hunt Beau
Looking forward to 2nd part

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We never leave out a good white man dance. Always a good laugh! We always enjoy you guys on safari and look forward to more good hunting in the future. See you in Vegas!

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the show & look forward to next weeks adventure.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Saw part 2 of this show...Good show!

Scope bite or not, That was some good shooting.

Congratulations Beau and Mike

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The BLB
posted Hide Post
Thanks Matt. I knew the scope was set too far back but didn't want to tinker with it prior to departure, as I was shooting it well at the range. I obviously crept forward shooting off the sticks. Oh well - I have the scars to remind me of this safari for years to come.

Beau

Posts: 79 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed it as well Beau. What a trip you had! Huge congrats and cheers...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
Watched both parts as well - great safari and great shows. Anyone who can get scoped that many times and still avoid the dreaded yank and flinch has my respect! TAA is the best outdoor show, period. The most accurate account of hunting today's wild Africa. Well Done!

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A gremlin must have gotten into my DVR, it did not record this weeks show.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote