New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good videos on Plainsgame?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going for my fist trip and need a few good videos of what to expect to see in South Africa. Anyone seen any good plainsgame hunting videos latelty?

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of archer_375
posted Hide Post
Most of my Africa library is bowhunting (over 20 videos)...If you want to watch bowhunting the Dries Visser videos are fantastic...The rifle vids on Africa I own are "Mossback Trophy Hunting in South Africa", "One Shot Hunting Adventures",and "Carbon Death" by Christian Arms...I also have three great Buffalo videos with the best being "Boddington on Buffalo"...All of these videos are very entertaining...

Posts: 183 | Location: Where the deer and antelope play | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
I take the chance to advertise my own production here!

http://cchunter.se/movie/abv_trailer.htm

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cchunter:
I take the chance to advertise my own production here!

http://cchunter.se/movie/abv_trailer.htm

It's the only "plainsgame" DVD in my collection, and I enjoyed it.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Go to the Outdoor Visions website: www.outdoorvisions.com. Type "South Africa" into the search field and click "Go". It will give you a good selection of DVD's on hunting in RSA. I've got several VHS that are good. One that would probably be great for you is Hunting the South African 37 from Sportsmen on Film Productions. I have it and it is very informative. Ken Wilson is a little corny, but you'll get used to him (and if not, just laugh at him and you'll feel better Smiler) You can order it on DVD for $20 on their website: Sportsmen on Film. Hope this helps.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
nube

Yes give Christer's (cchunter's) DVD a try. Its a good plains game hunting DVD and its cool to watch a hunting film from someone who know (at least via the internet).

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Eland Slayer Ken's Africian 37 is very informative about the species with minimal hunting, you also get a bit PHC in the process.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I viewed the trailer for cchunters video. It looks very good. Can it be ordered by mail, instead of credit card?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter Flack has just completed one of the best videos on hunting in South Africa. It is a step by step video of how to do it and what to expect. I think you can get it from Safari Press. I wish I had seen it before I booked my first trip. Would have saved a bunch of time spent researching.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hikerbum:
I viewed the trailer for cchunters video. It looks very good. Can it be ordered by mail, instead of credit card?

Check out Christer's web site http://www.cchunter.se His video is excellent.

Edit: Sorry, I reread your post and saw you were not wanting to use a credit card.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Great to hear the good response! And for those who want's to see more I will be back in the states next year on the Safari shows with a couple of new videos.

For cash payments (within US) I can arrange that to, jsut send me an email with mailing info and I will send instructions for payment and the dvd will be on it's way as soon as payment is confirmed.

christer@cchunter.se

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 9,3x74R
posted Hide Post
Take a look at this... A few minutes of mine and a good friends 2003 and 2005 trips to S-A.

Rino

Posts: 249 | Location: Oevre Eiker, Norway / Winterton RSA | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cchunter:
Great to hear the good response! And for those who want's to see more I will be back in the states next year on the Safari shows with a couple of new videos.
[QUOTE]

Great, we missed you at DSC this year.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info guys. It looks like I have enough to order here for a while. My wife will think I am nuts. She really still does not know what this trip is going to cost me in thr end. I may be single by next year if she doesn't really love me that much. HAHAHAHA

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
The first video I would suggest is Craig Boddington's "African Experience"

I also enjoyed all of Jack Brittingham's videos, Marc Watts videos are also well done, I would also suggest "The Perfect Shot"

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote