New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about the Save Conservancy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Since the Save owners/operators now have Mugabe "partners" does this put this group on the "do not patronize" list from the US governments standpoint? It seems to me there might be a definite possibility that hunters from the US might find themselves in hot water if hunting there now? I hope this is not the case, but someone should get a clear definition I would think? Maybe SCI or people on the ground in Zim can help?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some companies may have partners. Some don't. I leave today for a 21 day hunt with Zambezi Hunters. They have no partners. At least not yet.

I am told by some of the individuals involved that some of the "partners" in certain areas are absolutely not on the list. Of course, the list may change.

They have absolutely assured me that I am safe in that regard.

The question on my mind is what happens if you pay your money and subsequently someone that is on the list becomes a partner. Is it a felony to go?

Posts: 11997 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I'm not 110% sure but I think you'll find that any Zim citizen who has been given land or shares in land or businesses or shares in businesses under this programme of piracy automatically goes on the list.

The problem is the act is a complete stuff up and the more I research it, the more confused I become........ damn thing looks like it was compiled by the same people as created the CITES website. rotflmo

Either way, let's hope the Save guys manage to give these bastards the elbow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ttt

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
PM Ganyana, check with the Embassy or State Department, or check the latest OFAC list.

I believe Ganyana is the one who has suggested contacting the embassy in Zim but I would have to look it up.

Good luck running this to ground before you leave.

I AM NOT REPRESENTING THAT ANY OF THESE ACTIONS WILL ENSURE YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If you PM Ganyana, please share his comments if it is OK with him of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36686 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i can't help but wonder that the state dept behind behind times won't have somebody their list today but will tomorrow, and that its alright now, but when it would come time to get trophies back that things would change & they would put a kibash on it then

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the SAVE. Here is what I can tell you about what I observed/heard.

There are places on the Conservancy where the "war vets" are there in full force living as squatters.

Some of the places where hunting is conducted have different land owners than the companies hunting them. If they want the land and in fact take it, that DOESN'T make them a partner in the safari company.

Some of the Conservancy has been owned by the government for a while. For example ARDA. I just hunted on ARDA among other places with no interference from the outside.

It will be politically and financially problematic for the "war vets" to seize certain properties. These properties are owned by foreigners, at least one of which in an American. Common sense and logic would seem to indicate that ANY future foreign investment in Zimbabwe will be adversely impacted. Foreign investment in desperately needed. Personally, I believe this to be the reason these properties have not been taken.

Posts: 11997 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Alistair Pole who runs the business end of Zambezi Hunters last week. Zambezi hunts about 250,000 acres of the Save. Alistair told me there has been talk and there have even been meetings concerning giving leases on the Save and Bubye Conservancy to certain people other than the current owners. BUT there is no documentation of this and no conservancy safari operator has lost ownership.

This is not a new development and has come up several times. Hopefully the operators and owners of the conservancy properties will prevail once more.

Zimbos are masters at making a plan and operating under very difficult cicumstances. I have no reservations about bookngs on the conservancies for clients or myself.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12880 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Common sense and logic would seem to indicate that ANY future foreign investment in Zimbabwe will be adversely impacted.

Sadly I am not sure that common sense and logic always prevail.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sadly I am not sure that common sense and logic always prevail.

It certainly hasn't so far, has it?

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote