New
Find
Notify
Tools

De Duine Safaris and Bert Meyer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know these guys that hunt the Kalahari? Bought a cheap PG hunt at the Detroit SCI which had an interesting Rhino upgrade on it. Do not know if it is worth purshing and if these guys are any good. Have any of you heard of them or hunted with them? It is clear they do canned lions, etc. and that is not a bother to me as I have no interest. Just a quality outfit that I can dart a Rhino with and yes I am aware of the Vet boycotts but it seems that is not all the Vets in SA.

Thanks in advance,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I talked to a guy who had hunted with him. He seemed to really like Bert and even rebooked with him. If I remember correctly he did not have his own property but hunted several different properties. The guy I talked to ended up darting a rhino and loved it. He told me that all he hunted besides the rhino was plains game but a lion was offered.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks JA. The Rhino would be my main interest just because killing one today seems to be a waste. I thought Shakari or someone might know this guy. Anyone?

York, SC

one of us
posted Hide Post
The best news is that we have not heard anything bad about him....

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just asking again if anyone knows this guy or has experience with them beyond what JA knows.

Thanks,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BEAR email John Wambeck at this address and ask him about them John will tell ya if he knows them and if there OK
Pro Guide <proguide@iway.na>;

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, i did email him and will await a reply.

York, SC

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bert has donated several hunts to our Chapter (SNM Chapter) in past years and we've never had a bad report from anybody who bought his donation.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote