Find
Notify
Tools

Cape Grysbok Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Deleted

Posts: 399 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted mine with Gary Tonks, but I am not sure he is still hunting or just doing photo trips. I would recomend Mark DeWet with whom I have hunt many times and he has locations in the Cape for Grysbok. If you want more info PM me.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I took mine in September 2003 on a bitter cold night; parka, gloves and balaclava. They are one of only a few RSA species legally hunted at night. They lay-up in the grass and you spotlight them. Hunting around Winterhoek down by the ocean. I had darted a White Rhino up in Free State and wanted to go down to the Cape to complete some species I didn't get while in the Karoo back in 1997. Also took Bontebok, Cape Eland, Cape Kudu, an outstanding Caracal, Blue Duiker and an accidental Bush Pig who decided to charge me.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I took a couple earlier this year in RSA with Johan Botes of Ubathi Game and Hunt with a handgun.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote