Find
Notify
Tools

Leopard huntingoffer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Norwegianhunter
posted
To morrow I`ll go to Namibia for a PG hunt. The Outfitter called me and told me that he has a Big Leopard at the bait, and I could hunt for it and pay 5500 Euro if i shoot it.

I think this is a great offer, what do you gents at this forums recomend me to do?

Salesagent

Africa hunting

Posts: 131 | Location: Loeten the home of the aquavit, Norway | Registered: 12 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Good deal!

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shall hunt at Mashete safari with Johann Van Den Berg.

Salesagent

Africa hunting

Posts: 131 | Location: Loeten the home of the aquavit, Norway | Registered: 12 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take it.

Posts: 203 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Isn't E5500 rather steep for Leopard trophy fees? Yes, a leopard is a magnificent trophy, but....
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a screaming deal. I would not hesitate. It is a gift. Write the check, wire the money. You will not regret shooting your leopard.

Posts: 64 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great offer and you certainly won't find a cheaper Leopard than that.

Technically speaking, you're supposed to have your CITES permit issued before you hunt the cat but as it takes time to do the export paperwork and preparation etc, you should have time to get that issued when you get home...... don't waste any time though.

You can download the application form here: http://www.shakariconnection.c...ument-downloads.html

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The bloody cats drive me nuts!

I hunt for them every year, for so many years, and so far have only managed to clobber about 8!

And to imagine the amount of animals I had to shoot to feed them!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed
you problem is your distracted by the buffulos to much !
Daniel

Posts: 1481 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
5500 euro is a bit steep, considering a trophy fee for leopard is around $3500 U.S....in zimbabwae
Daniel

Posts: 1481 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Daniel,

You're right, but the hunt is already paid for and this offer appears to be just the trophy fee which is only payable if he shoots the cat.

In other words, no additional daily rate etc.

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
If the chance comes, shoot it
you will not regret it

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If my calculations are right?? That would be $9,906.00 USD for the troupy fee, which I find extremely high no matter the situation of no additional daily fees and such.

I have hunted Namibia twice in the last three years, with the trophy fee for a Leopard if taken of $3,200.00. Cats were hitting bait occasionaly, trail cam pics, etc. Spent some time, 10/12 (2yrs.) afternoons/evenings in blinds on active bait. Didn't want to use dogs, my choice, so ended up no cat, but a really neat experience overall. Hunting in Moz this Sept. and will be hanging baits, if we get Mr. Spots to hit, we are Leopard hunting, if no hits then we are not hunting Leopard of course. Trophy fee if successful, $3,200 USD.

Even if someone had the cat "tied up", wouldn't consider nearly $10,000 to shoot it!! Jeez.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Larry, if you use this link (http://www.xe.com/), you get US$ 7260.

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
e5500=7262.24 us

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Karl - I thought that sounded a little off base and I also used E7,500 for my figures. I knew I should have had more coffee this morning before getting on here!!! USD$7260 is some better, but still a little steep don't you think? What does a baited 10/12/14 day hunt for PG and Leopard run with you these days?

I really need to get over and hunt with you some time, so will check your web site as well.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Karl S:
Larry, if you use this link (http://www.xe.com/), you get US$ 7260.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
quote:
What does a baited 10/12/14 day hunt for PG and Leopard run with you these days?

Larry, dayfees are US$ 700/ day, cat is US$ 4000 a day, but in all honesty, anything less than 12 days hunting on a baited hunt only, I will just be taking your money.

There is 3 ways to look at leopard hunts:
1) Pay the extra money, go on a dog hunt.
2) Pay the higher dayfees of an outfitter with the expertise and area to give a reasonable success rate. (Like ourselfs of course!)
3) Pay the low dayfee that some charge, or go on a plains game hunt and hope to shoot a leopard. Be prepared to go multiple times to get your cat. This option mostly works out the most expensive on average.

If Norwegianhunter can just pay a (slightly inflated) trophy fee on top of normal plains game dayfees, thats a very good deal. If he does not connect with the cat, he loses nothing. To put in another perspective, I think the outfitter is very generous in this regard, or he does not concentrate on leopard.

Norwegianhunter, good luck, I hope you get the leopard!

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Karl - I really like Namibia eventhough I have taken most game species there a couple times over. You have a great Country and I would like to spend some more time there again. Even camping out and traveling around some more with minimal effort on hunting would be OK also. I'll stay in touch and we'll see how the Moz trip this September pans out for Mr. Spots. Have a great day.

Norwegianhunter -- good luck on your cat and you will have a great time in Namibia for sure.

Larry Sellers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And to imagine the amount of animals I had to shoot to feed them!

rotflmo
Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that what makes this "deal" attractive is that it is a "big" leopard already hitting the bait, hence greatly increasing the chances of shooting one!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got message from te Outfitter that the leopard is a big male and he is visiting the bait almost every night, he said that should be easy to take, I`m looking forward to the hunt.

Salesagent

Africa hunting

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell Hallgeir, I would defenately taken on that offer even if I had to borrow money to do so Wink

Go get him mate thumb

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arild Iversen:
Bloody hell Hallgeir, I would defenately taken on that offer even if I had to borrow money to do so Wink

Go get him mate thumb

I took the leopard, and thank god I have a lot of savings in the bank, already payd for. I`m looking forward to go, soon I will be at Oslo Airport Gardermoen and meet the rest of the bunch. The plane for Frankfurt leavs at 16:45 we shall meet at 14:00

Namibia Here we come

Salesagent

Africa hunting

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
If you are paying a plainsgame daily rate, the offer is a good one, especially because it is due only if you shoot the Leopard.

Cats are tough, take this opportunity.

Shoot it if you get the chance! I seriously doubt you will regret it.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What does the Ph exactly mean when he says...."big leopard" at the bait?

I would want to know for sure if it is a 120 lbs, 150 lbs, or is he 180 lbs plus. If it is a huge cat....you most likely will never have another opportunity in your lifetime. What is 5500 euro in a lifetime?

Explain to the PH that you want see the cat and then you will decide if you want to shoot him. If it is smaller than they claim...negotiate the price down. If they will not negotiate.... .you can always just take a picture.

dale

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shoot him,he will be the largest one in your neighborhood! Good Luck!

Adrian

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Go for it! You'll find that leopard hunting gets in your blood in a most terrible way!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good Luck for your leopard

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote