THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Nearest customs broker - live in Mn.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nearest customs broker - live in Mn.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted
Wondering where the nearest customs broker would be that i would have to ship my animals through. Going on my 1st trip to S.A. in May and have no idea how any of this works.
Is there 1 in Minneapolis?
Chicago?
Kansas City?
I tried searching on google and couldn't find a list of any kind - even went to USFWS Website and couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
Brett

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lookup www.coppersmith.com as they have an office in Chicago.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Basically, how this works is that your trophies must be shipped to a USFWS Designated Port of Entry. The Designated Ports of Entry are listed HERE.

A Customs Broker will clear the trophies and then have them shipped to your taxidermist (if they are raw trophies) or shipped directly to you (if they are mounted trophies).

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you're going to the import yourself there is a outfit in mpls - Norman G. Jensen Inc. he did one of mine. The trick is what you shot. if you have a baboon or pig you can run into trouble getting them through at the port of entry. otherwise they come into mpls and he handles it here. Its been quite awhile since i did it so you may wat to give him a call. Otherwise I've been using westgate in new york. if you have't gotten a taxidermist yet give tom lenort a call in clarks grove & he can set the whole thing up for you

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

I am planning on shipping just the hides back and am not going to get them mounted right away. Does this create any more/other issues?
Shipping just the hides, would it be better/cheaper to do air cargo instead of ocean freight or don't i have a choice.

Thanks,
Brett

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote