Find
Notify
Tools

Bushbuck hunt ????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted
Hey Boys: Come September 1st, I am going to Zim to just 'knock around' for about 6 weeks. me and my PH friend will do a hunt with a client or two.....then do some of the stuff we want do for fun - like fishing the Zambezi & Kariba.

Well here is the question: While we are 'knockin around', do any of you know of any places I might check for 'extra quota' on bushbuck???? Or left over bushbuck - I do not think there is such a thing! They are one hot item. I've shot everything else, but cannot get enough of bushbuck. Share you thought...ideas....anything you got. Man would it be fun to stick in 4-5 days (or more) of simply chasing bushbuck. Will be centered out of Bulawayo, but can go anywhere. ANY ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Posts: 505 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
We have a place close to beitbridge in rca (messina)where we shoot nice bushbuck every year (14-17 inches)you are welcome to try there Wink

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I could have shot more than a couple of nice Bushbuk rams everyday for 15 days while I was on Mokore in the Save Concervancy last August.

The Duckworths and the other Save operators seem to have done an excellent job of game management and the plainsgame is diverse and everywhere.

Posts: 9439 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Check with Martin Pieters.

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which Bushbuck do you want to hunt? Limpopo in the southern part of Zim or the Chobe in the Zambezi?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Perferably Chobe..... A tall order. They are not exactly stacked on ANYONE'S quota! But heck, I might make it down to Brennan Parks' place and hunt the Limpopo brand. Would rather put the smack on a Chobe however. At least when I am there it will be heading toward the end of the season, kind-of......maybe somebody will part with one, IF I can find that person.

Posts: 505 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.mazungasafaris.com/mazunga-species.html

You might want to check with (Lemco) Bubye Conservancy. The Conservancy is three hours from Bulawayo by vehicle. From their website it looks like 10 were on quota last year. There are several good PHs who hunt Lemco, Brent Hein,is one of them. Good luck.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
bcolyer,
Here's the Chobe Bushbuck that I shot in the Matetsi a few years ago with Johan Spies
But wait, you were there, in fact, you took this picture. wave

I hope you get one, I know how much you like them. If you're going to be with Johan, tell him hi from me. I wish I was going with you...

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe I can offer you prime bushbuck not too far from BYO, plus baboons galore if you are looking for some fun. PM me.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
I often have a few chobe bushbuck left on quota between Omay north and South, PM me for details. Tiger fishing, bush buck hunting and a few cold castles.......... Mart

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
Get hold of Gary Duckworth at Mokore Safaris or Terry Anders at Savuli . Both in the Save Conservancy

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Buffbr: YOU ARE ONE CRUEL PERSON!!!! Do you forget so quickly that I WAS WITH YOU when you shot that Bushbuck....you lowlife!!! Who do you think took that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are doing well. Miss our fun talks. I will not be with Spies this trip. Take care of yourself. B
P.S. You shot the little one. There are much bigger one's around!

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you forget so quickly that I WAS WITH YOU when you shot that Bushbuck....you lowlife!!! Who do you think took that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B,
It's tough to get old, isn't it? Eyesight fails, and such -- read the first line under the picture that I posted. Eeker

And yes, I know there are bigger bushbuck around, remember the 18" one you filmed at the Hippo pond? Problem is that they don't come out when I'm there with my rifle. But I have shot 3 of them. Big Grin

Hope you shoot a big one to go with that 60" Kudu that you shot.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few years back I hunted with Matapula Safaris and we took a bushbuck from a rubber boat drifting the Zambezi. It was great fun. We launched from an area that had fishing lodges and saw quite a few people fishing. We saw quite a few bushbuck as it started to get late in the day right near thwe riverbank.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Jim: I hunted my bushbuck from a boat too! On Lake Malangani (Dam). It was great fun, we spotted him from the lake then went downwind a few hundred yards, beached and made our way to a tip of land where I was able to shoot him. One of my most fun hunts! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote