THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Allocation of hunting blocks in the Selous

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Allocation of hunting blocks in the Selous
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Maximus Brutus
posted
I am in the process of organising a safari in the Selous during September 2013 and am asking each operator which block they will be hunting in. Not all operators have a block agreed yet. I do not understand how or when blocks are allocated but there does seem to be a risk booking with an operator who cannot confirm a block at time of booking. Unless this is just the way it is in Tanzania!

How does the system work?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Sir. At this stage the hunting blocks for 2013 HAVE been allocated and those companies who have been allocated should be able to take your booking. HOWEVER there is a fly in the ointment as the Minister has recently been replaced because of allegations of irregularities in the block allocation process and several companies have challenged the allocations, leading to some uncertainty at the moment. My advice would be to hold off booking anything for the next month or two to see how things turn out. That being said some of the most established companies are not likely to be affected, so be sure to do your due diligence on whom you are looking at booking with.

Posts: 280 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MB:

You should not worry too much about booking a hunt in the Selous with any of the 'old hands' in the industry. Even if some have lost the odd concession, they still retain most of their original ones.
Its the newbies you need to watch out for regardless of which concession they hold - as JTHunt pointed out, because of "uncertainties" in the allocation process, is quite likely that injunctions will be the order of the day.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I was told they may even reallocate the blocks.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
that's a real shocker dancing Tz. is noted for 3 things- great hunting, high cost, and shooting themselves in their own foot. seem to recall something a few years back about closing lion hunting in the midst of the season while hunters were in the field??? bewildered probably didn't really happen.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:

Mike

coffee

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Maximus Brutus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike

If that's the case, I hope they do so soon. I have a big trip to plan Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:

Mike

coffee

Vigeiz ?