New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sauer rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone use Sauer rifles in Africa? How about the 202 Takedown model? Accuracy, durability, dependability?

What type of action do they use?

Thanks

Posts: 10379 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
On my first trip i used a Sauer Takedown 202 Hatari 375 and 458. I have taken plains game and 1 moose with it. Its a very accurate rifle. I have sold it now. Push feed action.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
take um or leave um - they seem to sort of sweet and sauer.
The preceding comment was made on behave of steve robinson Big Grin hilbily

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not realize Steve like "chinese" food - clap

Posts: 10379 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey,hey,guys! You are talking about Sauer -a revered name in my house. Fallen upon hard times, yes, (in joining up with a Brazilian gun manufacturer -but still producing one of the handsomest autos I have ever seen - and I'm a revolver man)Sauer is a name to genuflect before and I accept any rifle as worthy of purchase -regardless of condition - if I see that it is a Sauer. So let's have a little decorum around here! Smiler

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerrypeters375:
Hey,hey,guys! You are talking about Sauer -a revered name in my house. Fallen upon hard times, yes, (in joining up with a Brazilian gun manufacturer -but still producing one of the handsomest autos I have ever seen - and I'm a revolver man)Sauer is a name to genuflect before and I accept any rifle as worthy of purchase -regardless of condition - if I see that it is a Sauer. So let's have a little decorum around here! Smiler

What? Is Taurus producing Sauer's guns now? I hadn't heard anything about a partnership between them.