New
Find
Notify
Tools

You gotta have BIG BRASS ONES
 Login/Join

Picture of Prairie boy
posted
Hey guys new member here, I don't know if you have seen this or not but if you have it's worth watching again. Who says it doesn't take guts to hunt DG in Africa here's the site http://www.ebaumsworld.com/lionhunt.html I"M STILL SWEATING

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Prairie boy,

Welcome to the forum.

I have heard a lot of people describe this so called hunt, and I think the following fits perfectly.

"This screw up happened on a farm in South Africa. The lion was an old farm pet, which had outlived its useful life. So the farm owners decided to lure some idiot, who has too much money and not much brains, to come and shoot it so he can brag about his "lion hunt". During this whole fiasco, assuming the lion was in the wild, a real hunter would have shot it earlier. But, as the farm hand pretending to be a PH knew, the lion could not get away. Eventually they did shoot the lion, and they should thank their lucky stars no one one was hurt. They certainly tried their best to show their imcompetence"

That was the classic canned lion hunt.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67573 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

That was the classic canned lion hunt.

The redeeming quality of this post is that the video quality of the link is better than I remember from the several times it has played here before.

You can better see the fence lines (from the upright poles visible) when the lion is cornered against a fence. At one point before trotting off a bit he seems to be pressing his face up against a wire game fence, testing it, but deciding to trot off and regroup before the first bad shot is placed in his guts. That finally made Ol'Pet mad! Mad

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Prairie boy
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I was just waiting for somebody to get shot. Poor hunting ethics

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
I'd seen this video before and it was my assessment that this is a canned hunt, too.

Not only is the fence in the background suspicious, but the country doesn't look like typical lion country either - it looks too much like farmland.

More importantly; I don't think that lion knows how to behave like a wild lion. He seemed to just hang around the area (maybe he was waiting to be fed?) and then when he charged them, and ended up right in the middle of a target-rich environment, he didn't seem to know what to do - which is why there were no serious injuries. I think that they were in greater danger from all of those stray shots than they were from their "pet" lion.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seeing that video makes me feel awful. The farm was probably trying to raise some badly needed hard cash.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TomFromTheShade
posted Hide Post
Well. How many hits do you think they actually made?

- TomFromTheShade -

Make it a point in life to leave this world a little better off than it was before you came into it.

Posts: 81 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 25 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
He's got big brass balls to call himself a hunter... I was cheering for the cat... thumb

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMO IF that was a wild cat he would not have missed one of those shooters. In the wild they catch highly moble game so a standing erect stationaly jack ass with a gun would be easy pickens.

Bad video for anyone that really hunts. It's easy for those that don't know to think all "Hunting" is like that.

I hope some day that same moron goes over on the same type of elephant hunt. Anyone for jam.

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The "DEA Class" is the frikk'n best!!!

Watch it!

JW

one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not know for a fact, but I'm pretty sure the hunter is Dr. here in Corpus Christi Tx where I live. I've heard several differnt stories on the hunt. I don't know what the straight skinny is.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote