Find
Notify
Tools

CMS SIGNS DANDE SAFARI AREA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
CMS SIGN UP DANDE SAFARI AREA

AFTER SEVERAL YEARS OF TRYING TO GET A GOOD ZAMBEZI VALLEY AREA WE FINALLY SIGNED UP THE GEM OF ALL THE VALLEY AREAS, THE DANDE FOR THE FOLLOWING 10 YEARS AS OF NEXT SEASON.

THE DANDE SAFARI AREA (DSA) IS ARGUABLY THE BEST ZAMBEZI VALLEY DANGEROUS GAME AREA AND WAS BEEN HUNTED BY CHIFUTI SAFARIS WITH WHOM WE HAVE HAD A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH FOR MANY YEARS .

THE TAKE OVER FROM CHIFUTI FOLLOWED IN THE SAME VAIN AND WE HAVE THE FULL SUPPORT FROM PAUL SMITH AND ANDREW DAWSON WITH WHOM BOTH MYLES AND MYSELF ARE VERY GREATFUL FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND HELP OVER THE YEARS.

THE DSA IS APPROX 150 000 ACRES OF PRIME UNSETTLED ZAMBEZI VALLEY WITH TWO BEAUTIFUL CAMPS. WE HAVE ALSO SIGNED UP DANDE EAST FORMERLY HUNTED BY INGWE SAFARIS.

THE EAST IS A HUGE COMMUNAL AREA WHICH IS VERY GOOD FOR ELEPHANT BULLS EARLY SEASON THAT COME IN FROM NEIBOURING MOZAMBIQUE TO RAID THE FIELDS. THE DANDE EAST HAS ONE OF THE HIGHEST AVERAGE FOR ELEPHANT IN THE VALLEY. HAVING SIGNED UP BOTH AREAS WE CAN HUNT BOTH CONSECUTIVELY WHICH WILL BE A HUGE ADVANTAGE WHEN HUNTING ELE BULLS.

I STARTED HUNTING THE DANDE IN 1992 AND DID MY APPRENTISHIP THERE, AS DID ALAN, WHILE MYLES AND REX HAVE ALL HUNTED A FAIR BIT IN DANDE. KNOWING THE DANDE WELL WE ALL LOOK FORWARD TO SHARING THIS STUNNING AREA WITH YOU ALL!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Great news Buzz!

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Good for you guys, Buzz. It is probably the best of the Zim buffalo areas.

Who figured the Dande Kid would be the operator now?

Good show and couldn't go to a better group of guys.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19321 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I guess I know where Tsetse Joe will be hunting next year. Wink
Might even be the right destination for my PAC and Tuskless April hunt?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
thumb

let's just add some wood on fire - written by HW:

Dande

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
It couldn't happen to a better bunch!

Congrat's Buzz, Myles and the rest of the CMS Team! thumb

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! beer

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of andy_7x64
posted Hide Post
congrats and all the best for you guys.
Rgds,
andy

Posts: 119 | Location: Germany, South | Registered: 05 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go Buzz and Myles

Maybe we can make it again. Plan to see you in Dallas.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news, Buzz! Now get out there and do some serious scouting!

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Buzz, have you got the Dande North area as well? I hunted that last year with Chifuti and absolutely loved it.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what will chifuti be doing?

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
time to start saving money I see!

Good! on ya Buzz and Myles!!

Rich
I hunted with these guys last December, and they are the best. If you can keep up you will have a great hunting experience.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Chick:
what will chifuti be doing?

Chewore North and South.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Buzz!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news Buzz. I know all of Dande well having hunted there several times. Dande East is especially a great area for elephant as you say. I shot a very large tuskless bull there in 2005 as you know. There is still a monster there that loves to raid the crops. Unless he has been shot in Moz he is still around.

Best of luck on your new area.

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Great news Buzz. I know that you and Myles and the rest of the team are very excited. Congratulations on this big step, it could not have happened to a nicer group.

Mike

Posts: 21269 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

~Ann

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Great news, Buzz, glad to see everything worked out! I look forward to chasing elephant through that country with you again one day soon!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for your kind words! I have just returned from checking out the camps. It was great to get down again to my "old turf" as such and I saw some great game, lots of buff and eles and the highlight a nice lion right near Mururu!

Mururu and Pedza are fantastic but there is work to be done on the East camp which has already begun.

Larry I know only too well about the huge tuskless you shot as I followed it a couple of times over the years hoping he was the hundred pounder! The last time I followed him I was 99% certain that it was him but that 1% made me walk several hours just incase he was another 24" (track) tusked bull - no luck!!

"Bwana" we do indeed have the Dande Safari area which is the north. It is a wonderful area as you found out and like you I have had many many great safaris there in the past including a great time with "Bwanamrm". Russel as always I look forward to your return!

Once again folks thanks for the kind words and look forward to seeing you all at the shows. Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Buzz.

I hope everything else in Zim levels out.

I really like it there...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Norbert
posted Hide Post
Congratulations my old friend.
I remember the many, many hunts we had together there in the past and so many eles.
Good luck for the next 10 years.
Norbert

Posts: 279 | Location: Europe, Eifel hills | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Norbert, good to see you posting and doing well I hope!

I believe that as Buzz's oldest, err, make that longest-standing returning client...to celebrate this great and historic event, you get a free tuskless elephant hunt!

Wait, was it one tuskless...or one tuskless every year for 10 years???

jumping

All the best, Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to CMS!!!

Quite a coup landing Dande North and East for ten years!

Best of luck,

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure this will make a top notch operation elevated further.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Thanks all for your kind words! I have just returned from checking out the camps. It was great to get down again to my "old turf" as such and I saw some great game, lots of buff and eles and the highlight a nice lion right near Mururu!

Mururu and Pedza are fantastic but there is work to be done on the East camp which has already begun.

Larry I know only too well about the huge tuskless you shot as I followed it a couple of times over the years hoping he was the hundred pounder! The last time I followed him I was 99% certain that it was him but that 1% made me walk several hours just incase he was another 24" (track) tusked bull - no luck!!

"Bwana" we do indeed have the Dande Safari area which is the north. It is a wonderful area as you found out and like you I have had many many great safaris there in the past including a great time with "Bwanamrm". Russel as always I look forward to your return!

Once again folks thanks for the kind words and look forward to seeing you all at the shows. Cheers Buzz

Buzz, we had a great time at Mururu in 05. My friend and I took two nice old buffs from there and my wife loved it as well. Good luck to you sir. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted Dande in 1990 when Ian Piercy had the concession for buff and leopard. Saw three herds of over 500 each. Also saw a huge bull elephant, wild dogs and 4 rhinos and several lions. I was lucky to get to see black rhinos in an open hunting concession before they were all poached or moved out by Parks.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds great! clap

good to hear things are going well for you guys
hope to see you in Reno!
Buzz---try to stay out of trouble this year in Reno! Big Grin

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote