THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    For Those Who Use Their Ipads To Store Photos And Videos

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Those Who Use Their Ipads To Store Photos And Videos
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
If any of you are like me, I keep a lot of photos and videos on my iPad.

And with the new iPad Pro, which has a 1TB storage, I can store a lot of media.

Trouble is the new iPad has a USB C connection, and non of the old USB storage with Lightning connectors works with it.

But, there are a number of USB C memory sticks.

The iPad does not recognize them, unless you create a directory that mimics a camera SD card.

I created a directory on the USB C stick; DCIM, and inside this one created another directory, 100_PANA.

Put any photos and videos you wish to transfer to your iPad, in this directory, and plug it into the iPad!

You can then import them to it.

There are numerous wireless gadgets that will do this do, it this is much quicker, and cheaper.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the major trouble with Apple, they put profit before consumer convenience.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perfect timing, I just got an ipad and trying to figure it out. I'm done with microsquish.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
That is the major trouble with Apple, they put profit before consumer convenience.

BH63

It seems like it, but what they are doing is doing what will come to be the norm, first. And yes, it can be frustrating.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thanks for the info. From a long time IPad user. tu2

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a real, live, walking, talking anachronism. I find, and this is just me, that it can be useful to have photos or other data stored on an Android, Ipad, &c., for a specific purpose, but I get important stuff onto my computer as quickly as I can and back up onto to separate external hard drive. I'm thinking of commissioning a third external drive Big Grin

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I just take the memory chip out of my camera each night and load it directly into my iPad via a card reader with a lightening connector.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13446 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I just take the memory chip out of my camera each night and load it directly into my iPad via a card reader with a lightening connector.

And the same system works with the new iPad too, if you have a USB C card reader.

But, if you copy photos to a USB drive, the iPad cannot recognize them

Also, transferring full resolution photos from the camera to the iPad is really pointless.

As they take a lot of space, and you cannot see the full resolution.

I resize photos to a maximum of 2400 pixels, or even 1800 pixels.

This reduces the size from several megabytes to less than one.

Just a suggestion.

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

And the same system works with the new iPad too, if you have a USB C card reader.

Also, transferring full resolution photos from the camera to the iPad is really pointless.

Just a suggestion.

I have no idea what you just said rotflmo dancing

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8052 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Just a suggestion.

I have no idea what you just said rotflmo dancing

It is alright mate.

Being 20 years behind does this to you!

As far as you are concerned, the iPad has not been invented yet rotflmo